Chapter 73

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

February 19th 1986

Today they were having Eddie round. They hadn't seen him in a while and Ivy misses him. After everything that happened with Billy they both were grieving in their own way and hadn't really spoken that much but Ivy misses him just as much as he misses her. He always makes her smile with his goofiness and she couldn't ask for a better best friend. 

Steve has Robin as his best friend and Ivy has Eddie. Neither of them get jealous of the others best friend because they both know it is strictly friendship. Platonic with a capital P.

"Hey guys, I didn't know what to bring so I bought cake." Eddie says, walking into their house for the first time.

He had brought a chocolate cake with him because he didn't know if you are meant to bring anything to someone when they get a new house but he wanted chocolate cake so he brought that.

"It's fine, you didn't need to bring anything but Thank you anyway." Ivy says, taking the cake from his hands and putting it on the kitchen counter. "Come in, just take your shoes off please." She calls behind her and Eddie listens.

He follows her into the kitchen and watches where she places the cake.

"We can have some later if you want?" She says.

"Yeah, I'd love some." He says.

"Living room is just through there, Steve is in there." She says.

"Okay." Eddie says, walking through the doorway and into the living room.

"Hey man, How've you been?" Steve says when he sees Eddie.

"I've been good, not much happening. What about you?" Eddie asks.

"Other than getting this place and the new job, not much." Steve says.

"Okay, we can have some chocolate cake with our lunch but what do you want to do until then?" She asks the boys.

"Atari." They both say.

"Okay." She says with a laugh at how quickly they said it.

The boys grabbed the joysticks and played Mario Bros and Ghostbusters: The Video Game.

------

Ivy went out to the kitchen when it got closer to lunch time and she made some sandwiches for the three of them. She didn't want them to have anything big as the others would all be coming over for pizza and movie night later.

She brought in their sandwiches, the chocolate cake and a knife. The two of them thanked her but they didn't look up from their game. Ivy took the controller off Steve and pressed Pause.

"Babe." Steve whined.

"No, it's lunch time." She tells him, pointing to the food in front of him and suddenly he was okay with her pausing the game.