Ch.24

Well rested and ready for another day you all continue on. This time your pulling the cart. It's not so bad.

Obito looks at you. "How are you doing?"

You nod "I'm good. It's not too bad."

Obito looks at his hands "wait until you get splinters and blisters."

You tilt your head "I thought I healed you last night."

"You did, I'm just saying."

Ryu holds back some. "A beautiful girl like yourself shouldn't be pulling a cart."

You roll your eyes "you do realize I'm a ninja right?"

Ryu smiles "right."

The trip continued without any trouble although Ryu's flirting never ceased.

"Thank you for the escort."

Aiha nods "you sure you don't need us again?"

"No, I'll be here for months. Although it's always lovely to see my f/n." He sends you a wink. Obito growls.

You sigh.

"Anyway, here's your pay." Ryu hands Aiha our money.

Aiha takes it and tucks it in her vest.

On the way back you look to Obito. He's looking at the sky.

"What are you thinking?"

Obito smiles at you "Just glad to be rid of that guy, he rubs me the wrong way."

You giggle "He's not so bad."

Rin looks between you two. "It's obvious Obito your  jealous. You do love f/n!!"

You both blush at her words.

"R-Rin!!" Obito screeches.

Rin sticks out her tongue

You look to the side.

The days went by fast on your way home and when you get to the front gates you get your share then go to the hokage. After that you planned on hanging out with Obito until Rin got her hands on him.

"I'll return him later!" She says pulling him along. You feel your heart pang.

"O-okay."

-with Obito and Rin-

Rin dragged Obito quite aways until the stop on a park bench. Obito looks at Rin with a blush on his face.

"Somethings going on with f/n and I want to know what. Do you love her?"

Obito basically chokes on his spit.

"Rin!"

Rin smiles "I've been wanting you two together for a long time."

Obitos mouth goes into a flat line. "I.. I do."

Rin squeals "So ask her out!"

"It's not that simple!"

Rin frowns "Why?"

"Because- Because I—- I have feelings for you too."

At this rins whole demeanor changes. She looks at Obito with sorry eyes.

"O-Obito.."

Obito looks down. "I know.. you love Kakashi."

Rin blushes "how did you know that?!"

"It's obvious."

Rin nods "I do love him. Him and I have gotten closer over the years.."

Obito feels a pang in his heart. "So am I just chasing my tail?"

Rin takes obitos hand in hers. "I'm your friend but that's it. I don't feel the same, I'm sorry."

Obito smiles softly and takes back his hand. "I need a walk. Thanks for clearing things up Rin."

Rin watches as Obito strolls off in thought.