³⁰ starting with us, again

Calls and calls from people ordering pizzas and sandwiches made you work harder and faster. You took this job in a fast food near your house, mostly because you knew an owner pretty well.

She also felt sorry for what happened to your family, but what else could she do than help you at least like this.

If only this was the only job. Monthly getting 8k, wasn't bad at all, but also it wasn't enough. You knew how good you were in maths, so you used that as a side teacher for some kids who didn't understand it too well. An hour of teaching them was 150, but neither did that help as much.

You also got yourself a job in bakery. Early in morning, you'd work in bakery and later at night in the fast food. Sometimes the kids you were teaching maths would come in bakery so it would make it easier for you.

For working in bakery, you monthly made around 6k. You tried to work as hard as you could, just to give your family what was needed.

"Have a good day sir.." You said, as you got the man a croissant, he asked for.

"You too ma'am," You liked how it all started going good. Somehow, you found enough time for everything. You did your missing assignments. Just few days, till it was alm over with school.

You'll have one less job, and to be honest that wasn't even that bad.

You'd have more free time and also Colt said he'd get a job while being on summer break.

That really did feel your heart. You loved how both Reiner and Colt were helping. You loved how you started to get more into this lifestyle and how it all started going smoothly for you and your brothers.

It was around 11am, which meant, Gabi would be coming here for instructions.

"Hi miss Y/n," You heard the bell of the doors.
"Hello Gabi, how have you been?" You served her two donuts, already paying for it. You didn't want her not to eat. And it was just morning, if you wanted from her brain to work, she had to eat something sweet.

"I've been good. Just this last tests are killing me. I can't wait for summer break to already start—"
"—Yeah, me too, but I guess we have to do the hard part, to have fun in the end."

She nodded, agreeing with you. Gabi started unpacking her backpack and getting all she needed for work to get it done.

"Did you understand it something from before?"
"I did.. but I have to do more of these tasks. I can't fail this last test, miss Y/n—"
"— Gabi, you won't. Everything will be okay, okay? Im here to help you and do whatever I can so that you could have a peaceful summer break and enjoy every moment."

Gabi definitely was feeling down. But she wasn't always like that. She used to be such a happy girl with so much energy, even when it came to school.

"It won't be the same. Summer. Summer won't be the same like what it was before all those years," you knew what she was talking about. You understood her. It was same for you, you'll not have much time home and Jean wouldn't be with you — probably — this summer.

Which reminded you, neither would be Falco for her. They used to spend every second of their summer together. Well not only summer, they really were that young love; even if they wouldn't admit it.

You couldn't cope with his death well, how could she? She's just a kid, same age as him. How did she even see it?

"Falco won't be there.. It's like the whole summer is - dead," she was right. It really felt like that. You had to do so much at once and summer was there to relax a bit.

You were right. You knew how to read her, it was very obvious to you.

"Oh Gabi... I know, I know. No one believed that would happen. But just know, Falco wouldn't want from you to be like this after he's gone. Trust me.. I can understand how you feel," you rubbed her back as you talked in sweet voice just to make her feel less sad with the whole story.

"I know.. I know that he was also your brother. Sometimes I feel like it's just me who acts like he's gone - I'm sorry but it feels like nobody cares," that really felt true.

More people asked about your mother than him. If you told all those people what actually happened to Falco, would they look the same as your mother? Of course not, maybe they'd even call you as crazy as her - that's why you never really brought that up.

"Just know that Falco would be happier with that. He only cared for the people that cared for him - like always - he's happy that he's not forgotten by you," Gabi nodded as you tried not to cry in anyway while telling her all this.

You felt out of touch with all that you just told her. You were right with everything you said, but you only said it to make yourself feel better, than Gabi.

"Give me a minute a gotta go in bathroom, I'll be right back Gabi," you knew that if you stayed much longer in front of her, you'd just start crying and wouldn't stop until you felt like it.

You closed the doors after yourself and tried everything just to stop feeling like this. How come, just one thought made you feel this way? Just Gabi bringing it all up again. Was it more of the feeling that you had to keep it away from everyone - the truth? Why did it hurt you this much?

You told yourself you'd leave it behind. All of it. You left half of it, but never all. Why was it this hard even?

"Keep yourself up.. When you're alone and not in the middle of something, cry then!" You told yourself, looking in the mirror.

You went back to Gabi, telling her how that's the way of life and sometimes it ends the cruel way sometimes the good way - but however it has to end, because nothing is forever and neither is life.

She did as you told her, for now, and both of you started with math. After you and Gabi ended it, she gave you the money and left, with a very warm smile on her face.

'Maybe one day, you'll find out how cruel it all was' you thought to yourself.

Just as you heard the bell of the bakery, you started with your every day sentence.

"Good morning, what can I get f-" someone who you didn't expect to see this early, showed up it seems.

"Oh... Y/n.."

my dear children happy new yearrrrrrrrrr woooooooo🫀💓🪐💕😍✨🤯 i guess you know who it is already ehehehehheeh if you dont ill try posting more this week, cuz next week school is starting again for me and ill prob stop posting much, but im already planing on how to get good marks and post more cuz my marks rn are really bad..😃 atleast the first week of school i wont post but other than that ill really try cuz i also told you that ill try doing more drafts soooooo yeaaaaa🧍; i hope you have a wonderful year and school year and i hope this school year ends as soon as possible 🧚

loveee yaaaa 🫀🫀🫀