♡ EPILOGUE ♡

♡ two years later - h ♡

Thinking back on the first day he met Louis, he kind of knew that it would all go down in flames, and maybe that was what possessed him to continue speaking with him. Those blue eyes held everything but truth, and he doesn't mean to blame them exactly, but they fucked him up bad to the point of not knowing what to do.

He doesn't blame Louis for him cheating, and so he has been bringing the guilt on his shoulders for over the past two years. Maybe that's why he's on his knees at the alter of the vacant and abandoned church with his hands placed together while looking up at the God statue, trying to pray for forgiveness like he always did on Sundays. The church reminded him too much of Louis, and so it seemed like the best place to pray in dire situations such as this one.

He imagined God coming down from the heavens above and slapping the shit out of him before saying, dude you fucked up stop trying to fix this. Regardless, he prayed. He prayed that Louis would understand what he didn't understand himself, he prayed that Louis was safe and had found his happiness, just not by someone else. As selfish as that sounds.

Harry breathed deeply and inhaled the smell of old candles and holy water, finally getting off of his knees to head back to his own apartment down the street. He was about to turn around, when suddenly all of the lights onstage snapped on and the illumination nearly blinded him to the point where he had to squint. He was afraid that it could've been a police officer telling him to get off the property, or maybe it was just Urie letting him off with a warning.

But no.

Underneath the bright lights stood Louis Tomlinson, with the most beautiful pair of blue eyes that he had ever seen in years. He stood tall on the stage, gazing at Harry with confusion and also amusement, his hand reaching up to scratch at the scruff he had on his chin. Harry tried to force himself to say something, hell, anything. But nothing came out but little sharp breaths that finally made Louis smile, his white teeth adding onto the light into the room.

"Well, don't you have the adroit tongue?" Louis said playfully as he jumped off the stage, walking over to Harry with his hands behind his back and his smile never leaving. "It's been years, Styles. How have you been?"

Harry felt like he was being stabbed in his lungs each time Louis opened his mouth, and he had to refrain from tackling Louis from how excited he was to see him again. He didn't look any different from the last time they spoke except for the brown scruff on his chin, and his more muscled face structure that made Harry want to kiss him all over.

"Louis, god, what are you doing here?" Harry said uneasily, looking for anything to grip behind him as he watched Louis step closer until they were nearly four feet away. "I thought you were still in California-"

"I needed a change of scenery." Louis said softly, looking around the church as if he was beginning to recall all of the memories they had together here. "I see that they didn't bother making this into anything, just left it."

"Y-Yeah," God, he was stuttering. "Been coming here to pray from time to time."