♡ thirty five - h ♡

Louis' mother resembled him much more than his father was what Harry realized as soon as she walked into the house with her big sunglasses sitting at the bridge of her nose. Her sleek caramel hair was slicked back into a ponytail, and from the way her lips turned completely thin when she saw Harry standing next to Louis, he was able to tell that she was a tiny bit stiff.

"Do you have your stuff packed, Louis?" Jay asked carefully, keeping her hands firmly tucked behind her back. She kept glancing at Harry, tilting her shades forward so that they lay on top of her head, her blue eyes taking in the things around her.

"Yes, it's upstairs. I'll be back." Louis muttered, rubbing Harry's arm before walking away from the front door and running up the stairs, his feet stomping against them. Jay crossed her arms across her chest and tapped a finger against her temple, studying Harry's appearance before speaking.

"You must be Louis' boy toy, it's nice to meet you." Jay stated playfully, though Harry was not amused.

"I'm his boyfriend, though it is nice to meet you too." Harry replied through gritted teeth, mentally telling himself to relax before he cursed out Louis' mother.

"Boyfriend?" Jay asked, surprised. "Well, that's certainly new. Wonder why I hadn't heard about that."

"Maybe if you made an attempt to actually talk to your son, you would've already known." He didn't intend for it to come out as mean, but it was too late to take it back from the way she was now glaring at Harry that struck him as inner hatred. First impressions are always great, Harry thought to himself sarcastically. Louis came down the stairs several seconds later with about three suitcases and a red beanie pulled over his tousled hair, glancing at Harry's red cheeks with a knowing expression. "Zayn's waiting in the car, let's not make him wait any longer."

"He could wait there until he rots and I still wouldn't care." Louis mumbled underneath his breath, causing Harry to snort and his mother to frown. Louis stood on his tip toes to press his lips against Harry's rosy cheek, wrapping his arms around his torso so that they were chest to chest before speaking. "Promise me you'll look after our child while I'm gone."

Harry laughed and kissed the top of Louis' head before nuzzling his nose into his hair. "You can trust me. Our imaginary child will be fine in the care of me."

Jay cleared her throat and they broke apart, still smiling at one another. "Come on Louis."

"Okay. I'll skype you as soon as I get there, okay? But I'll text you during the drive." Louis inquired softly as he followed his mother out the front door, lifting his hand to wave at Harry. "Bye, I'll miss you."

Harry smiled. "I'll miss you too."

Harry stood at the front door until the blue car that Louis slipped into drove away, his mood plummeting to the bottom of the earth.

. . .

louis: HAZZA

louis: HARRY, I MISS YOU.

louis: oh my god, im turning completely gay.

louis: zayn just farted so my mum pulled over and now we're at the nearest gas station buying air freshener. but we're like one hour away from home.