♡ twenty nine - h ♡

Harry tapped his foot against the pale tiled floor of the hospital and kept his eyes glued to the door that Louis went through, trying not to think about whether or not Louis was in extreme pain whilst getting stitches. It was when he heard his mother's familiar high pitched voice echo through the empty hall along with Pastor Tomlinson's when his shoulders tensed and his eyes averted, feeling his heart beat erupt a thousand times when he realized that they both barely had any clothes on. No, he thought to himself nervously. This definitely could not be happening. His mother glanced towards him and stopped walking through the corridor, only several feet away from him, and her cheeks turned a dirty shade of red when she realized that he knew.

"Harry," Anne breathed softly. This time pastor Tomlinson's eyes turned to him, both wide and filled with brightness and sins. There was an unspoken statement between them, I'm fucking your mom, oh well! "It's not what it looks like..."

"Actually, it is exactly what it looks like." Pastor Tomlinson said cheekily, causing Anne to slap her hand on his bicep. Harry felt lightheaded and resisted the urge to hop on a hospital bed himself and just lay there because this just had to be a dream. None of this could be real.

"Harry, Harry-" Anne jumped in, her voice becoming faded the more she repeated his name. "Harry!"

. . .

"Harry?" Louis whispered into his ear for the tenth time, using his head to nudge the boy's shoulder to awake him from his deep sleep. Harry's eyes snapped open and sweat dampened the top of his forehead, jolting upward only to realize that he was still laying in the hospital bed next to Louis, feeling slightly calm when he noticed that the nurses let him stay longer than usual. God, it was all just a dream. "You okay?"

"Yeah, just had a bad dream. Did our parents come here yet?" he asked hesitantly, and Louis shook his head.

"My dad is at a club, and your mum called you while you were asleep but I didn't want to wake you." Louis explained, glancing at his bandaged hand as he shrugged his shoulders. Harry hummed appreciatively, happy at the fact that Pastor Tomlinson was nowhere near his mother and that there would be no need for incest. He must have had his dorky smile on his face to hide his relief because Louis grinned and looked at him with his eyebrows raised. "You sure you're okay?"

"Yes, how does your hand feel?"

Louis lifted his hand. "Numb."

"Did it hurt getting it stitched up?"

"They drugged me for the most part, but I felt it every once in a while."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

There was an awkward silence between them and Harry cleared his throat, letting his fingers intertwine with Louis' in a gentle manner. He felt like he would explode if he didn't even have the smallest contact with Louis Tomlinson, and he had this lingering hope that he felt the same whenever they were around one another.

"I'm not suppose to forgive you this easily just because you brought me to a hospital," Louis said in response, his voice wavering just the tiniest bit. "I know I hurt you mentally, but did you hurt me physically just to spite me? I need to know that you won't do it again."

Harry had no words whatsoever, reminding himself that he wrapped his hands around Louis' neck that day in the bedroom and nearly killed him. It was almost like he has been trying to pin the blame on everyone but himself lately. "I won't do it again, Louis. I don't want to ever hurt you again and not even you deserved that. No one does. And I understand if you don't like me anymore because I wouldn't either, but I don't want this to be the end of our story. I don't want us to end on a bad note."

"How would you like for us to end?"

"Maybe," Harry breathed. "Maybe one of us has to go to this huge college program and it's on the other side of the world, then it won't end negatively. Or one of us kisses someone else while they're drunk, maybe like that. Something small is something I want to end us with, but maybe I don't want us to end at all."

"Did any of those things happen?"

Harry was about to cough erratically, and he quickly covered it up by clearing his throat. He didn't need to know about that night with Cam, plus it wasn't important- right? "No, of course not."

Silence. "Okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay."

"Sorry to cut this The Fault in Our Stars moment short, but what exactly does okay mean?"

Louis grinned loopsidedly. "It means okay I believe you. It's going to take some time to get over everything that happened, but it'll hopefully be better since summer is coming. I made a resolution while you were sleeping and it is throw your stress out of the window, summer is not the time."

"I guess you could say that you don't want any Summertime Sadness." Harry snorted, causing Louis to press his lips together firmly. "Oh come on! You have to admit that it was funny."

"I almost laughed, does that make you feel better?"

"Actually yes, yes it does."

This time Louis let himself laugh. "You're such a dork."

"I'm your dork."

"A dork with bad jokes."

And if those words made Harry straddle Louis' waist and tickle the life out of him while in the hospital bed until he admitted that Harry was a hilarious little shit, then who was to tell?

NOTE: FUKIN CUTIE PIES THEY ARE.

SORRY FOR THE WAIT I JUST HAVE A SEMI FORMAL TODAY

I HAVE A BOMB ASS DRESS.

QUESTION: BE MY DATE??