♡ twelve - l ♡

The church was alive tonight. It was amazing to Louis and normal to the public eye, but that was only because he's been feeling dead since the last time he has talked to Harry- which was last week. Louis has been cutting more frequently than he ever did, in fact so much that he had to go down to his thighs. Fat ugly thighs, he thought whenever he let the tip of the blade dance across his skin. His father caught him in the act one night, and he only smirked as if victory was won.

   People were filling the room with laughter and generous smiles while exchanging small chat, adding onto the bright mood being generated. Louis wished desperately that he wasn't standing in the far corner of the church rubbing his pocket, missing the feeling of a pack of cigarettes keeping him company. You're so alone. God, that's what he was. He was so alone and it was all of his fault for pushing people away when he needed them the most.

   The giggling around him almost felt like daggers shooting into his brain so he clutched his head and gritted his teeth, knowing that he'd think they were laughing at him and not having a completely different conversation. He wishes that the thoughts would go away. He just wants to disappear. He wants to be anywhere but here, because he's at a party he doesn't want to be in. Besides, he's already at a party filled with hatred and insecurities that has been beating him until he was a tiny piece of nothingness.

   "Louis, I-" Louis' eyes snap up to a familiar face, and he feels his heart flutter as Harry trips over someone's foot as he tries to make his way over. He fell in front of Louis' Vans and looked up with a cheeky smile, blushing with embarassment at his clumsiness. "Oops!"

   "Hi." Louis breathed, feeling his heart beat at it's normal rate. Seeing Harry again made him feel calmer than he felt all week, and it nearly brought him to tears. Harry stood up on his lanky legs and stumbled a bit before placing his hand on Louis' shoulder, letting out a tiny giggle as Louis frowned. "Are you drunk? At a church?"

   Harry's eyes glazed over and he shrugged, letting his face fall in between Louis' neck as his body weight leaned against him. "Liam told me that the only way I could get the guts to talk to you was get drunk, probably was a figure of speech but here I am. Waiting for you to kiss me patiently so we can go back to that happily ending I've always wanted with you. Maybe a little drunk, but I know things." 

   "Mom?"

   "She's sick apparently, so I came here own my own because I missed you. Plus, Liam dragged me out of the house." Harry said in reply, letting his hand rest on the curve of Louis' back. "I feel so bad, touching you in the middle of a church party."

   "You're cute, but if you want to have kinky church sex right now where anyone can see, it's out of the question." Louis joked playfully, placing his hands on Harry's arms in order to push them down to his sides. Harry swayed for a bit before blinking twice and smiling again, grabbing Louis' hand and tugging on it eagerly, almost like a little kid. "Use words, Styles."

   "We should ditch this party, like now."

   "You sure? Not worried about leaving God alone for those hours, Princess?" Louis teased. Harry crossed his arms and jutted out his pink plump bottom lip, making Louis bite the inside of his cheek with reluctancy. He wanted to kiss the pout off of Harry's lips, and the thoughts he were having were too cute and weird, he needed to get out of this place. Harry was turning him soft. "I know just the place."

.  .  .

  "You must bring everyone you like here," Harry said in awe, arms crossed as he walked into the garden. Different colored lights spotted the garden with neon green, pink, and white; shining over the roses and lillies as if it were a disco ball hovering over a dance floor. Harry was careful to keep his discombobulated feet on the trial that had no flowers on it, examining the area with such intent that his eyebrows scrunched together. "This is beautiful."

   Louis followed close behind, closing the gate and locking it behind him so that they weren't easily caught by the man living next door. He didn't own the garden, but he hated when people like Louis roamed around at night when the lights came on. The sight was truly spectacular and Harry fell to his knees in front of a bed of roses, picking one from the ground and twirling it around his fingers. 

   "Do you think that we could make flower crowns with these? I just need wires and we'll be all set. I haven't made one in a while." sighed Harry, twisting the stem around his finger. 

   "Of course, there should be some in the shed. Wait here." Louis responded, staring at the curly haired boy for a beat longer before turning around and making his way over to the broken down shed in the far corner of the garden. It was chipped with red paint resembling a small barn, but without the door and hay. And farm animals. Louis walked into the dark shed and flicked on the light, squinting his eyes as he skimmed his eyes around the room in search of wire, finally finding it  sitting on top of a black counter.

   When Louis got back to the garden, he felt his breath get caught in his throat when he saw Harry hunched over the rose he picked, little sobs falling from his mouth like the the soft drizzle of rain. Louis dropped the wire and ran to sit in front of Harry, ignoring the fact that his foot was pushing the flowers into the ground, only worried about Harry's well being. Harry let his hands fall from his eyes and he looked up at Louis with sadness pouring from his eyes and his bottom lip quivering. 

   "Today's my dad's birthday. My mom stayed home because she was crying all day, not because she was sick. He died in a factory accident, he worked for this company that made flowers, but he always hated roses. He hated them. I use to wear them all the time just to annoy him, god I miss him so much." Harry admitted, releasing a shaky voice from his body. "He didn't die from rose poisoning or anything, it was much more horrid than that but-"

   Louis took Harry into his arms and kissed the top of his head, closing his eyes as he listened to the steady sound of Harry breathing. He let his fingers tangle through Harry's curly mane and closed his eyes, wishing that they could stay like this forever. The night was alive now, and maybe now he didn't feel so dead.

NOTE: HI HI HI

WAS THIS OKAY

TELL ME IT'S OKAY (PARAMORE VOICE)

BUT I LOVE YOU

ALL

TO BITS.