♡ twenty eight - l ♡

"Louis, I know you're here." Harry said quietly, his words coming out faded. Louis remained with his knees drawn up to his chest while sitting behind an abnormally large gnome inside of the shed, listening to the dainty sounds of Harry moving across the garden from the outside, probably looking around for the blue eyed boy in hopes of a happier aftermath. He held his breath when he heard the shed door swing open, his eyes averted to the worn out brown boots that shuffled against the wooden floor, stopping to listen for any signs of life. You're not gonna find any here, Louis thought silently. "Louis."

Louis remained silent, his eyes peaking over the gnome so that he could see what Harry was going to do next, a little shocked to see that the curly haired boy had tears brimming underneath his eyes. He remembered the last time he brought Harry to the garden and how much he cried whenever he eyed the flowers for too long, and suddenly understood how hard this must have to be for him. Louis bit his lip and resisted his urge to pop up from behind the large gnome, knowing that he couldn't possibly be that idiot who runs back to the person who hurt him physically. He wouldn't be that guy. He watched as Harry's facial expression fell more than it did before, clearly hurt by the fact that Louis wasn't in front of him at this point telling him how much he missed him. How much he loved him. I'm not that guy.

Harry nodded to himself and took a several steps back, finally forcing himself to leave the shed, making sure to slam the door behind him. Louis flinched as the gnome tilted from the impact and collapsed onto the floor as if it didn't weigh more than 10 pounds, it's glass pieces stuttering across the wooden floor and hitting against Louis' hand. "Fuck!"

Tiny pieces of glass greeted Louis, and blood began to seep from the opened up parts of his skin. Louis sucked on his bottom lip to try to distract himself from the pain, his eyes clenching together tightly so that he was unable to pay attention to the sound of the shed door reopening and the well-known sound of worn out boots rushing towards him. Louis' eyes snapped open and he watched as Harry took his hand in his, observing how badly damaged his hand was before shaking his head. "And I thought I was the clumsy one, we've got to get you to the hospital- look at all of this blood!-"

"You knew I was in here," Louis said plainly, the feeling of Harry touching his hand sending jolts of electricity down his spine, and he was confused as to how he managed to do this every single damn time.

"I was going to wait for you to come out to speak to you, but when I heard the glass shatter I knew that I couldn't wait that long. Plus I knew that this was my only opportunity to touch you." Harry admitted, using his spare hand to grab his IPhone out of his back pocket and dial the ambulance number (whatever the fuck that is) . Louis could only stare as he watched Harry talk to the operator, explaining how some of the pieces of glass was piercing through his skin, and he had to resist the urge to shout that it was nothing compared to how Harry was making him feel at the moment. "They'll be here in a few minutes, do you feel woozy?"

"Yes," Louis said slowly, letting himself sink into Harry's forest green eyes as soon as he gave up looking away. "I don't think that it's because of the blood though, the bruise is so small."