(SFW) Geild - Mammon x Reader

!The winner of the contest wrote this!
cheesetoenail is the author

Gelid
/ˈdʒɛlɪd/
icy: extremely cold

TW! Mental Breakdown, Implied trauma, implied autistic reader!

The night breeze was crisp, a bit too frigid for my liking. The freezing chill of the night will always be something I dislike, the feeling of the chilly wind going under my shirt and creeping up my spine has always left an eerie impression. The sentiment also often made old memories resurface, memories I wished would disappear.

The cold was loathsome.

The day had started well. I had just woken up and started getting ready for RAD in the morning as I always did. I'd done all the assignments I was supposed to do earlier that week, so there was nothing left to be stressed over. Mammon and I had planned to hang out later that evening after dinner, not like that was a rare occurrence, ever since he and I made a pact it was as if we've basically been attached by the hip. Always following each other around wherever we went. If someone would happen to run into one of us, they’d know the other wasn’t more than a call away.

When I'd finally gotten to school, I waved my goodbyes to Mammon since we had different classes for first period. This was my second year at RAD, I was able to take part in some classes alone now that I'm more accustomed to the Devildom and have gotten quite a lot better at magic. Even though I'm still a beginner, I still know enough to at least protect myself if something were to happen.

First period was going by slowly, Devildom history wasn’t one of the classes I was too keen on. It was always hard concentrating when the teacher was talking, often causing me to either zone out or start doing other things during the lessons. I knew I had to listen, but it wasn’t that simple, if it wasn’t in my best interest it easily became boring. And that’s exactly what I was doing right now, simply daydreaming about things that seemed much more fascinating than what the teacher was currently explaining.

Lost in thought, I was suddenly snapped back into reality by someone shouting my name. As I turned my gaze to the one who was calling me, I realized that it was the teacher.

“Mx. (Y/N), are you paying attention to the lesson?” The teacher questions.

“Oh, uh-… I’m sorry sir, it won’t happen again.” I managed to spit out through my embarrassment.

I felt my stomach drop when I heard surrounding classmates giggling and laughing at me. I internally scolded myself for not listening once again. It was at times like these in which I felt as if I were less intelligent than those around me. As if they had something I didn’t, something that made it easier for them.

I tried my best to shake off this thought, but it lingered in the back of my mind.

When the lesson was finally over, I felt relief wash over me. I packed up my stuff as quickly as possible, making my way out of the classroom rapidly, wanting to get out of the uncomfortable atmosphere before something else happened that would once again make me the target of my classmates' laughs and snide remarks.

The rest of the morning went by fairly uneventfully, going to each one of my classes, getting assigned groups for a project that was due by the end of the month, and having lunch with Mammon, Levi and Beel. It was all going great until I had to leave for my 5th period. I was just peacefully walking through the halls trying to navigate to math class when I felt someone harshly grab my shoulder. As I turned around to look who the culprit might be, I found myself face-to-face with a male demon about a head taller than me.

“Can I help you?” I question carefully, not wanting to accidentally agitate him.

“Okay so you're like the human exchange student living with the demon brothers, right??” He asked with no hesitation.