"My Meaning to Life, Is You." - Royal Reader x Peasant Mammon

Content warning: Grief, plus mentions of death and miscarriages. (Tone shift may be shocking.) Hints of depression, but not outright stated nor too clear.

Setting: Being a Royal, you know little about the outside, but when you meet a peasant who snuck into your room in the late hours of the night to steal, you figure out what's more to the world than those walls.

∘˚˳°*.✧

I had massive wealth since the second I was born. A silver spoon was immediately put into my mouth and I was wrapped in the softest blankets in the nation as soon as I came out of my mother's womb. Many say I do not understand the struggle of lower-class people, but they'd be entirely false. Now as of late I've been donating my allowances to local charities! Every week, I send the baker off with thousands of Grimm, just as a charitable person would do.

I am often praised for my kindness, for I am so gracious, I even pick up my clothes after bathing!
I was even forgiving when a man broke into my room in the late hours of twilight.

It had been a mostly normal day, when I woke up, the birds chirping, I scrambled out of my blankets and rang for the maids to dress me. They ran in and decorated me with beautiful cloth just as they always did. Afterward, I ran down to eat the breakfast which our wonderful chef made. I sat at the refractory table, the gold surtout de table glistening under the chandelier.

But as I was eating, I noticed an unfamiliar butler.

He was looking at the ground and cleaning, his hair was white, his skin was tanned, and his eyes were a blue-yellow gradient. He was very cute. My face flushed a little bit, I began to pick at my food, trying to avoid gazing at him. He must've recently been added to the staff.

Once I was finished dining, the maids cleaned my face and took my plate.
My eyes trailed over to the head of the long table, where my father used to reside whenever we ate. My good mood wavered once more, just as it did every day.

I could still hear the bells.

"Father, are we to explore the forest in the upcoming days as you promised?" I had said, a smile across my face that no one could tamper with. Back then, I used to sit right next to father, he and I spent much time together, and I rarely left his side. "Of course, (Y/N), I haven't forgotten. I've even requested the maids to ready you an outfit." He patted my soft head. "But remember to not leave my side when we go, okay?"
I nodded, filled to the brim with excitement.

The next day I had even skipped breakfast. I waited for hours in the outfit father had requested of me.

The sound of the bells when it had reached midnight was all I could hear. Our best maid, Angelica, came to find me with a lamp in her hand. I remember that was the first time my smile wavered and dulled. I stared at the floor as I held Angelica's hand.

My sadness was only because he'd forgotten, you could imagine my horror when I learned his heart had stopped beating in his rest. With no family, no mother, she had died when I was born, no father, no aunts nor uncles, and I was left with a fortune to continue life without the need for family. The maids and butlers took care of me. Acting as my guardian while I was young.

When I realized how long my eyes were lingering, I snapped out of it. "Poor thing.." I could hear the staff whisper. I left the table and went up to the library.

Reading always helped me clear my mind. Through pages upon pages, I read of princesses in towers and princes who saved them. I wish someone would save me, whether it be a prince or a princess. I'd never learned a lot about the outside world, just simple things like how knights would slay dragons, and that the forest fairies were mischievous. I didn't know how others li-