once twice melody - dewdrop x rain

dewdrop x rainsmut and fluff and angst!! anal sex, oral sex, body worship, near death experience (drowning)

dewdrop x rain
smut and fluff and angst
!! anal sex, oral sex, body worship, near death experience (drowning)

The sun was scorching, the water was cool, and two ghouls laid entangled in soft grass. Flocks of birds flew overhead in a blur of many shapes and colors in an attempt to escape the heat and the occasional butterfly floated from leaf to leaf, offering a glimpse of vivid yellow or blue in a lush forest of green. Somewhere in the distance a creek ran through the woods, creating a calming song that filled the air and invited living creatures to drink from its edge. At one end of the creek was the abbey's vast lake, at the other, a beautiful cove surrounded by massive willows and plush banks woven together by thick-bladed grasses. The water there is deep blue and crystal clear, starkly different from the body it's filled by, and its uniqueness probes the inquisitive mind on how it came to be. It was a rare find; a hidden gem left untouched for thousands of years and claimed by two unearthly creatures.

Rain basked with his head resting upon Dewdrop's chest, a hand petting through his hair. Droplets of water stick to sweaty skin like pearls, evidence of a recent swim, and they disappear with time when the sun kisses their skin. They face upwards, watching as the willows that guard the cove from above dance around in the summer breeze and create rolling waves in the canopy. Beams of golden light peak their way through the gaps. Shapes of light paint the canvas of leaves around them and disappear with the rustling of the wind. They're alone out here. Surrounded by nothing but trees and birds and frogs. The only sounds are those that have traveled from the lake through the woods and settled at the water's edge. Words that are spoken there don't make it past the tree line. It's a spot that holds a thousand secrets like an iron gate. A spot where they can be as loud as they want to or speak in hushed whispers. A place where they can exist as naked and as bare as the day they were summoned, and nobody is there to see them except for them. A sanctuary.

The relationship that the ghouls share is built upon a mentorship thrown askew and an unlikely friendship between fire and water. It's been months since the pair began their "lessons"—and as far as everyone else is concerned— they're continuously successful. In such a short amount of time the new summon had transformed into a confident and quick-learning water ghoul fit to fill the role. Blissful ignorance... It really is. An inseparable bond of elemental energy between the water-ghoul-turned-fire-ghoul who was reassembled and forged by ritualistic, sacred tongues and granted rebirth for a second time, and the freshly summoned water ghoul still plagued with weak knees and unstable hands. It's a connection stronger than the foundation the abbey was built upon, complete with unwavering trust and something a little more.

It had in fact been Copia who'd requested the fire ghoul help the water ghoul discover the power in his magick. He'd suggested a bit of water therapy and elemental guidance as the new recruit found his feet— nothing too intensive, just a little help harnessing the basics. Dewdrop hadn't been happy about it, not a bit. It wasn't his job to season fresh meat. He wasn't a water ghoul anymore and he had the scars to prove it. It should've been a responsibility more fit for Water, he thought, all that old ghoul did all day was read books and overwater the greenhouse until the vegetables fell with root rot... Nevertheless, Dew had followed through for the sake of the Ghost Project and the sanity of his Papa. Twice a month—that was the suggestion—the bare minimum. He hated every minute of that first session with the scrawny ghoul who didn't even have the balls to look him in the eyes. He hated the way he called him sir, hated the way he touched and treated everything like it was made of glass... But oh how those feelings had changed. Twice a month turned to twice a week, and as far as Copia was concerned, Rain had become very adamant on mastering his gift and Dewdrop was an excellent teacher.