he who glitters - rain headcanon

Rain wasn't always supposed to sparkle like a human disco ball

Rain wasn't always supposed to sparkle like a human disco ball... it just happened one day. 

It was a complete accident on a Sister of Sin's part. She had been cleaning and preparing the ritual attire for the upcoming tour-- a task she'd completed multiple times before-- and made the mistake of washing Rain's waistcoat with Papa's sequined jacket in an attempt to save some time. Upon removing the garment from the machine she had gasped in horror at the glittery mess she had made and immediately began gathering brushes and supplies from various washroom shelves in order to fix a potentially expensive mistake.  The sister had worked for hours between washing and drying the other garments in her care to remove the glitter, but no matter how much she shook and scrubbed and rubbed at the dark fabric, it would not come out. 

And that was how Rain came to glitter and sparkle like a clear night sky over the abbey lake. And the other ghouls continue to tease him mercilessly for his waistcoat, reminding him how much he looks like a glitter bomb blew up on him, but he doesn't care. It's grown on him. He likes the shine under the deep blue lights on stage and the bright white ones that capture him in the spotlight. In truth, he revels in it, but he would never admit that to anyone.