Lisanna

All of you screamed as you landed on top of each other. "We're back, everybody!" Natsu said. "Ha! Ha! Everything's back to normal!" Natsu said. "There's Magnolia!" Lucy said. "We did it!" You said. "Wait. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We shouldn't celebrate until we know everybody's ok." Erza said. "They're just fine." A voice said. You looked up and saw hundreds of exceeds flying around. "We got here a while ago so we went and checked on em for you." One said. "We decided to fly through town real quick." Said another. "Your friends and everyone in town are doing great." Said a third exceed. "When we talked to them, they didn't even know they'd been turned into a lacrima." Said a purple exceed. "Earth Land is totally awesome, you guys. It's got tons of magic power." Said a blue exceed. "What are they doing here?! It's not right! The exceeds don't belong in Earth Land!" Carla said. "We cannot allow them to stay here! They're far too dangerous! They should return to Edolas!" Carla said. "But Carla, Extalia is gone. They have nowhere to return to." You said. "We apologize for throwing rocks at you, lady." Clap Said. "We're really sorry." Kurubushi Said. "We have no place to go now that Extalia's been destroyed." Gogotora Said. "We promise that we'll be nice to you now." Monmo Said. "Please say that you'll forgive us." Belletokia said. "This has nothing to do with you kids! It's her! I'm angry because Extalia's Queen and her lackeys sent me to Earth Land on a mission to kill the dragon slayers!" Carla shouted.

"I know! The queen ordered us to give up all our eggs, how can she be so heartless?!" Lucky shouted. "Come down, dear." Marl said. "Hey there, mister!" Happy waved at Lucky. "Yeah, no joke. She never even told us why, did she?" Salberay said. "I can assure you that she had a most honorable reason to." Martam said. "I remember the moment vividly it was six years ago." Mysdroy said. "As I mentioned before, Queen Chagot has the ability to glimpse into the future. It is both a gift and a curse. One day..." The exceed explained the situation. "Save them?!" Lucky asked. "You don't mean..." Marl asked. "What the... wait a minute. That's a whole different story than the one we were told. You aren't lying to us, are ya?" Happy said. "No, young man. To prevent panic among the Extaliaians, we carried out our plan without their knowledge. The queen then issued a false proclamation. It was merely a cover up for our plan." "We felt horrible about making the queen lie to you like that." "Yes, but we had no choice." "We simply could not go public with the knowledge that our beloved Extalia might come crashing to the ground." "Despite what you've heard I assure you that we have no ill will towards the dragon slayers whatsoever." Said another exceed. "Don't worry, we know. You just needed something to go along with the story you told them." You said. "You knew everyone would panic if the truth got out, so you had to make up something else to tell them." Lucy  said. "We get it." Gray said. "We made use of the human's anima to successfully carry out our operation. However, something completely unexpected happened with one of the eggs. We had no idea that you, Carla, possessed an incredible power." Chagot said. "Me?" Carla said. "Yes, as it turns out, you possess the same prosthetic powers that I do." Chagot said. Carla gasped. "Unfortunately, you didn't have conscious control over it. As a result, it clouded and confused your memory. Of the 100 exceeds that we sent away, only you had this gift. I suspect, that you began to see scattered fragments of Edolas's future. Your gift, caused you to mistake that as your personal mission." Chagot said. "I was wrong." Carla said.

"Wait. Does that mean..." Happy said. "The two of you were never given a mission. It was just your way of trying to make sense of all the strange thoughts and images in your head. You were sent here because we wanted to protect the next generation. Nothing more." Chagot said. "So those were all prophecies?" Carla asked. "For whatever reason we thought you'd be better off if we hid your prosthetic powers from you. Therefore, we had no choice but to make it seem as though we were controlling you. We beg your forgiveness." Nadi said. "At the time, we honestly thought that was the only way we could embellish the queen's illustrations. However, now we deeply regret it." Nichiya said. "The show of false bravado that I choose to put on for the citizens and humans in the face of hardship is what caused you to suffer. No, I didn't just cause your suffering. I brought anguish to all of the families I took eggs from six years ago. Now you understand. That is why I handed the sword to you. I swear that exceed kind had nothing to do with this. It was my fault alone." Chagot said. "It wasted your fault, your majesty! No one is to blame." Nadi said. "You shouldn't be held responsible when you were only doing what you thought was best for the citizens of Extalia!" Nichiya cried. "Yeah. We're just as much to blame as you are queen Chagot, 'cause we were so full of ourselves." Salberay said. "But now that we're in Earth Land we can make things right again." A blue exceed said.