86. Taste Like Sunshine

Amelia ran past the burn in her legs, the breath in her lungs begging her to stop but she couldn't. Blade in hand she ran, and kept running, she heard the groans and moans of pain as the iron fleet was falling before her. she saw Bran as pushed harder and faster, her body screaming at her to stop, to drop dead of exhaustion from this whole day but she pushed past that feeling.

Screams rang out as Theon and his men fought the walkers. Bran sat in the middle of it all. Theon looked to bran just as bran came back into his body. Walkers stood back watching and waiting. The night king stood waiting as well. The night king was focused on bran.

'Theon' Bran said. 'You're a good man. Thank you.' The night king took a step forward and theon charged at him spear ready but the night king was quick stabbing theon through the stomach. He fell to his knees before falling completely to the ground. Bran and the night king stared each other down silently as he got closer.

The night king reached for his weapon to end Bran once and for all, but Amelia came leaping down on top of him. He grabbed her by the neck she dropped the blade catching it in her opposite hand before stabbing him with the velaryian steel. Killing him. The rest of his army fell. Amelia dropped down to her knees before Bran, they did it.

She pulled the blade free. This was the blade... she looked to Bran.

"I really thought that was it." Bran admitted. 

"What a shit fairy tale that would be." Amelia remarked leaning into his legs exhausted and relived. "I'm so glad you are okay." Amelia whispered. 

"You did it Amelia. You saved me." Bran whispered. 

"I keep telling you all you would be dead without me." Amelia whimpered as she looked up to him. He wiped the tears from her eyes. "I... I was really scared." Amelia whispered grabbing onto his hand. 

"You were fearless." Bran corrected. "I saw you, I saw you and it terrified me."

"Well, we both scared each other, maybe we don't risk our lives anymore?" Amelia asked hopefully. "We live in la, la land and drink rum on the beach with our feet in the water until we prune." 

"I like that idea." Bran remarked. 

"Yeah?" Amelia asked. "Because I love the north, I do because you are here but I miss-"

"the sun." Bran remarked. "I never had that problem when I was with you." Bran informed her. 

"You are used to the snow." Amelia whispered standing up and collapsing into him. 

"Yes, but it's because you taste like sunshine." Bran whispered kissing her. 

"That was really cheesy and I loved it." Amelia informed him seriously as she kissed him again. She put the blade in her lap as she wrapped her arms around him. His fingers grazed the blade.

"The blade that almost killed me... you saved me from it and now you used it to save me." Bran remarked. 

"Arya dropped it." Amelia remarked. "I was cornered and grabbed it... I didnt realize at the time what blade it was." Amelia admitted.

 "A lot of memories tied to this blade," Bran remarked as he tipped his head into hers. "When you saw it... I didnt think you would want it, but..."

"I am going to give it back to Arya." Amelia assured. "I won't be needing it for our fairy tale ending, right?" 

+

The number of dead were endless it seemed but they were still alive. They still lived to fight another day.