30. Panic

Out of the woods // Ned Stark out now!

Bran woke up in a panic screaming for Amelia, summer started howling, startling Amelia awake then she heard Bran's cries.

"What's wrong? What's wrong?" Amelia questioned running into his room holding bran to her.

"My Father." He sobbed.

"Your family will be back home before you know it." Amelia said hopefully. "Hopefully they would trade her for Ned and Sansa and Arya and she could go home too. Bran clung to her as Rickon came running in tears in his eyes. "What's wrong? You both have a bad dream?" Amelia questioned pulling Rickon up. "Father lost his head." Rickon told her pathetically.

"You had that dream too?" Bran asked and Amelia let out a shaky breath.

"It was... it was just a dream." Amelia assured them. "They will be home before you know it." Amelia offered.

"They took his head." Bran told her.

"Who?"
"Joffrey." Bran told her, his voice didn't hold venom but fact. "Joffrey demanded his head." Bran told her and Amelia couldn't breathe.

"Sansa was screaming!" Rickon told her.

"The hound grabbed his head and held it up." Bran told her. Amelia shook her head, sandor... he wouldn't be apart of that... but he would. If Joffrey deemed it it would. She didn't feel much pain when her father passed, he didn't love her but seeing Bran and Rickon weep over a dream she surely hoped was just that, a dream nothing more it made her heart break.

"It was just a dream. Just a dream." She repeated but they shook in her arms, their heart beats erratic. "Just a dream." Amelia whispered holding them close.

+

'Lady stark?'

'What is it?'

'We caught the king slayer.'

They were struggling to get him through for everyone was punching at him, kicking as he was dragged forward through Robbs camps.

'Justice for the castle!' they were saying as Jaime was dragged along he didn't look much like a king slayer as he crumbled to the ground men beating at him kicking at him

'I want his head I want his head!' castor yelled but a few of Robbs loyal guard shed their swords

'Anyone who dares stand between a father and his vengeance asks for death.' Castor told them angrily.

'Lord castor this man is our prisoner.' Catelyn reminded him, she down a smug smile on her face as Jaime knelt before her.

'This monster killed my son!' he reminded Catelyn

'And crippled mine!' she reminded him 'he will answer for his crimes I promise you but not here.'

'I will have his head and if you try and stop me-' castor threatened

'You will strike me down? Have you forgotten me? I am the widow of Lord Eddard Stark, I am the mother of your king.'

'And where is our king?'

'You know very well where he is he's going to accept their surrender.' Cat informed them.

'Accept the surrender but not negotiate?' Castor spat

'threatening my lady is an act of treason.'

'Treason.' Castor scoffed 'since when is it a treason to kill a Lannister?' The men cheered and applauded they wanted justice.

'I understand your grief better than you my lord I understand it but in the name of my son the king of the north stand down.' she demanded

'When your son returns I will dismember this murderers head.' Castor spat