5. Joff is a liar

'Is this your first time in the North, Your Grace?' Catelyn asked in desperation to make a good impression on the royal family. Robb and Bran were going a good job entertaining the princess, if Robert's declarations held any weight Amelia would be staying with them, marrying Robb and becoming the lady of winterfell if Ned became Hand of the king.

'Yes. Lovely country.' Cersei said blandly. Cersei was not ready for her daughter to leave, to be shipped off. Stuck in the north. She was a southern girl, she would freeze up here.

'I'm sure it's very grim, after Kings Landing. I remember how scared I was when Ned brought me up here for the first time.' Catelyn went on as Sansa approached the front table and smiled shyly up at Cersei.

'Hello, little dove. But you are a beauty. How old are you?' Cersei questioned and Sansa's little heart fluttered

'Thirteen, Your Grace.' She answered, just a year younger than her Amelia and Joffrey.

'You're tall. Still growing?' Cersei questioned

'I think so, Your Grace.' Sansa said confused.

' And have you bled yet?' Cersei questioned and sansa stared at her mother clearly discomfited by the questioned but Catelyn nodded for her to answer.

'No, Your Grace.' Sansa told her, Cersei nodded stiffly.

'And your dress. Did you make it?' Cersei went on and Sansa was to nervous to speak she nodded. 'Such talent. You must make something for me.' Sansa nodded happily as she headed off.

'I hear we might share a grandchild someday.' Cersei said turning to Catelyn

'I hear the same.' Catelyn agreed hopefully.

'Your daughter will do well in the capital. Such a beauty shouldn't stay hidden up here forever.' Cersei told her confidently if only Amelia didn't have to stay.

"Sandor." Amelia hissed sitting down next to him.

"Hey gorgeous." Sandor replied.

"I am to marry Robb, tomorrow.' She said happily.

"You gonna get stuck here in the freezing cold." Sandor remarked.

"I will adjust." Amelia told him. "He likes me, Joffrey is a liar." Amelia told him confidently. The other guards and knights at the table smirked over at Amelia but she ignored them.

"Of course he is, a cunt and a liar." Sandor agreed he wrapped an arm around Amelia keeping her closer he didn't like how these northerners looked at her.

"I want you to stay." Amelia told him again as her father spoke up.

"Alright!' Robert declared drunkinly. "I have some news... AMELIA! Where is she?" his vision blurred as he stood up. "By the hound,' he remarked. 'of course."

"Excuse me." Amelia whispered leaving Sandor's side.

"Princess Amelia Baratheon and Robb stark are to be married in the morrow!' He declared and Robb pulled Amelia to his kissing her for all to see. She smiled wide and a blush covered her cheeks as he pulled away. Bran watched with complete hatred for his brother. Meanwhile, Arya flipped food across the table and onto Sansa's face.

'Arya!' Sansa shouted wiping the potato away. Catelyn signaled a laughing Robb to deal with the girls. Robb begrudgingly let go of Amelia kissing her quickly again as he wiped the smile off his face and hoisted up Arya.

'Time for bed.' Robb declared

"What?" Arya whined. Amelia watched him go. She coudnt believe this was about to be her life.

+

''Robert has asked me to be his Hand."

"No." Catelyn shouted.

'I'm a Northman. I belong here with you, not down south in that rat's nest they call a capital.' Ned said as he lay in bed with Catelyn that night.

'I won't let him take you.' Catelyn declared

'The king takes what he wants. That's why he's king.' Ned reminded her.

'I'll say, 'Listen, fat man, you are not taking my husband anywhere. He belongs to me now.'' Catelyn told him confidently.

'How did he get so fat?'

'He only stops eating when it's time for a drink.' Catelyn remarked when there was a knock at the door.

'It's Maester Luwin, my lord.'

'Send him in.' Ned called and the door swung open.

'Pardon, my lord, my lady. A rider in the night from your sister.' He handed Catelyn a sealed note.

'Stay'. Ned begged as she got up.

'This was sent from the Eyrie. What's she doing at the Eyrie? She hasn't been back there since her wedding.' Catelyn remarked as she read the note, she looked up to Ned with alarm in her eyes, and then burned it quickly.

'What news?'

'She's fled the capital. She says Jon Arryn was murdered. By the Lannisters. She says the king is in danger.' Catelyn remarked.

'She's fresh widowed, Cat. She doesn't know what she's saying.' Ned reminded her

'Lysa's head would be on a spike right now if the wrong people had found that letter. Do you think she would risk her life, her son's life, if she wasn't certain her husband was murdered?' Catelyn countered

'If this news is true, and the Lannisters conspire against the throne, who but you can protect the king?' Luwin remarked

'They murdered the last Hand. Now you want Ned to take the job.' Catelyn exclaimed through an exasperated voice.

'The king rode for a month to ask Lord Stark's help. He's the only one he trusts. You swore the king an oath, my lord.' Luwin reminded them

'He spent half his life fighting Robert's wars. He owes him nothing.' Catelyn remarked she turned to ned. 'Your father and brother rode south once on a king's demand.'

'A different time. Different king.'