74. Crime

"Arya!" Rickon declared hugging her, Arya's gaze shifted past Rickon to Amelia. It would be so easy for Arya to throw her blade and end this Lannister argument. Here and now.

"Stop that." Rickon hissed taking a step back. Arya looked over to him. "Stop looking at Amelia like that."

"Like what?" arya asked innocently. 

"Amelia saved me." Rickon told her proudly. "Ramsay Bolton wanted me dead and Amelia saved me." Arya took a step towards Amelia and Ghost growled at Amelia's feet protectively. Amelia's gaze shifted to Ghost before meeting Arya's harsh gaze. 

"Did she tell you about all the times she threatened to kill me while the hound kept me prisoner!" Arya shouted back. 

"As though you didnt start it." Amelia countered. 

"She is going to kill us all!" Arya shouted. 

"As though you didnt try already!" Amelia spat back. "If Sandor wasnt there, I'm confident one of us would be rotting on the forest floor by now." 

"Another threat!" Arya declared. "You are making this so easy." she sneered. 

"Enough!" Rickon begged, Arya reached a hand out for him but he stepped closer to Amelia. 

"We arent finished." Arya hissed. Amelia let out a huff of a breath as Arya marched away. 

"Thanks sweetie." Amelia whispered wrapping her arms around Rickon. 

+

'How many queens are there?'

'Two." jon answered.

'And you need to convince the one with dragons or the one that fucks her brother?'

'I need to convince them all.' Jon told him.

'Your grace... we have some prisoners.'

'Prisoners?" Jon questioned

'your grace, scouts found them a mile south of the wall said they were on their way here...'

''Hey I know you,' jon said looking around the group. 'You're the hound..." he grumbled glancing over at Jon. 'I saw you once at winterfell... Amelia said you were dead though...' Jon recalled. 

'they want to go beyond the wall to.' Tormund told jon. Sandor sat up, the rest of the brotherhood waking as well.

'we don't want to go beyond the wall, we have to.' beric told them. 'Our Lord told us that the great war is coming.' Beric told him.

"Did you say Amelia?" sandor asked getting up.

'Don't trust him, don't trust any of them.' Gendry said stepping forward 'they are the brotherhood and the last thing their Lord told them to do was sell me to a red witch to be murdered!'

'Thoros, look who it is.' beric said in Thoros leaned forward

'Boy?' thoros grinned

'Last time i spoke to a fire worshipper i was sold to the red woman! They sold me!' gendry shouted.

'Boy? I hardly recognized you' Thoros said grinning at gendry, he shot him a glare.. 'Anything to drink down here I haven't been feeling like myself'

"Snow!" Sandor demanded. "Is Amelia alright?"

'You are a fucking mormont like the rest of them. Like the last Lord Commander.' Tormund was busy shouting at Jorah while gendry shouted at Beric.

'He was my father.' Jorah told him

'He hunted us like animals.' Tormund told him

'You returned the favor as I recall.' Mormont reminded him.

'OK we all are at the edge of the world at the same moment heading in the same direction for the same reason.' Beric spoke up.

'Our reasons are not yours' davvos said

'It does not matter what we think our reasons are.' beric told them 'there is a greater purpose at work and we serve it together whether we mean it or not we take the steps but the Lord of light-'

'Shut the fuck up' sandor said 'are we coming with you or not?'

'Don't you wanna know what we're doing?' jorah questioned.

'better than sitting in a freezing cell waiting to die.' sandor told them.

'He is right... we are on the same side.' Jon told them,

'how can they be?' gendry questioned incredulously.

'we are all breathing.' Jon confirmed opening the door. 

"Boy." Sandor demanded and Jon took a step back forgetting the size of Sandor. "You saw Amelia?"

"She's at Winterfell." Jon answered. 

"Is she safe?" Sandor asked. "Your family isnt too keen on Lannisters."

"She..." Jon thought about that. Rickon would keep an eye on Amelia, if Bran and Arya were back, Bran loved Amelia forever ago. Arya though... "Let's catch a walker so you can see her again." Jon suggested. "I know she will be happy to know you are alive."

+

Bran pushed open Amelia's door, a plate of food in his lap as he rolled to her. Her eyes peeled open and she watched him get closer. 

"You didn't eat supper." Bran remarked holding the plate out for her. 

"Thanks." Amelia murmured putting the plate on the bedside table. 

"I want you here." Bran assured. "Rickon too. Don't listen to Arya and Sansa." 

"I just thought you would all want some family bonding, catch up and exchange horror stories about how I'm a terrible human being. Apparently being a Lannister is a crime now." Amelia remarked.

"It's not." Bran corrected. 

"Try telling that to your sisters." Amelia countered softly. "I'm fine, you can spend time with your family.  I'm used to being alone." Amelia told him and it sounded even more pathetic as she said it out loud then it did in her head. 

"They are being single minded." Bran told her. "Bossy and arrogant. I would rather be here with you... if that's alright?" Bran offered. 

"I would like that." Amelia agreed helping him up. She didn't know how Bran made her forget everything else. Made her smile when she wanted to cry. She curled into him when the door opened. Rickon smiled back at them as he closed the door and jumped on the bed beside them. 

"Ah, memories!" Rickon declared smiling over at them. Amelia chuckled reaching across Bran, squeezing Rickon's arm. "You might not remember this Bran-" Rickon went on. "But Amelia and I spent every night like this when you were in your forever nap."

"And after." Amelia remarked. 

"Yes, I liked being apart of those nights." Bran agreed. "Even better when Rickon isnt in bed with us." Bran mused. 

"Rude." Rickon told him. "Now I'm definitely staying." Amelia laughed into Bran, she felt his hand moving along ribs, fingers swirling patterns on her dress. 

"It's a tighter fit then I remember." Rickon went on. 

"I wonder why." Amelia mused. 

"Oh, you were definitely shorter. That is the problem." Rickon teased. 

"Just me?" Amelia countered. 

"Yes, I was always this tall and handsome." Rickon agreed. 

"Really because the image of a tiny you jumping out of the bath tub comes to mind." Amelia mused. 

"You are never going to let me live that down." Rickon remarked. 

"It was cute." Amelia clarified. 

"I was cute you mean." Rickon told her. 

"You were cute... what happened?" Amelia said as Rickon lunged across them laughing and squishing Amelia and Bran to the bed.