66. Protect

The doors of castle black slid open, five men stepping out, swords drawn until they saw they were just kids. Still they stepped forward cautiously.

'Your Wildlings?' they questioned as Meera lower Bran down in his wagon.

'I'm Meera Reed daughter of Holland Reed' she said stepping forward, 'and this is Brandon Stark the son of ned stark.' 

'How do I know that's truth?' The man said and Bran looked up to him

'You were at the fist of the first man, you've seen the army of the dead, you have seen the night king... he is coming for us. For all of us.' Bran told him

'All right Come on. Let's get them inside.'

+

'Forgive me my queen, the red priestess from ASSHAI has come to see you Grace.'

So they went to the throne room to meet the red priestess.

'Queen Daenerys I was a slave once bought and sold scorched and branded is an honor to meet the breaker of chains.' The red woman said.

'The red priestess helped bring peace to Meereen,' Daenerys was informed.

'Then you're very welcome here what are you doing here?' Daenerys questioned.

'I am here to serve.' the red woman said

'She once served another on the iron throne,' Varys warned 'it didn't end well for Stannis Baratheon, did it?'

'No.' she answered 'it didn't.'

'You chose an auspicious day to arrive a dragon stone we've just decided to pardon those who have served the wrong king,' Danny said looking to Varys 'You serve the lord of light... the Lord of light doesn't have many followers from Westeros does he?'

'Not yet but even those who don't wish do you know him.' The red woman assured.

'What does the lord of light want from me?' Danny questioned

'The night is long, only the prince who is promised will bring the Dawn.' She recited.

''The prince who is promised to bring the Dawn I'm afraid I'm not a prince,' Danny told her

'Your Grace I'm sorry but your translation is not quite accurate there is no gender in high valyrian so the translation would be the prince or princess would be promised at Dawn.' Messandei told her.

'Doesn't really roll off the tongue,' Tyrion teased

'and you believe this prophecy refers to me?' Danny pondered.

'Prophecies are dangerous thing,' the red woman told her 'I believe you have a role to play as does another the King in the north Jon snow.'

'Jon snow? Ned Stark's bastard.'

'Do you know him?' Danny questioned Tyrion.

'Yes I traveled to the wall with him when he went to join the nights watch.' Tyrion informed them.

'Why do you think the Lord of light signals out this Jon Snow?' Varys questioned 'Aside from the visions she has seen in the flames?' varys added

'As Lord Commander the nights watch he led the Wildlings south of the wall to protect them from the great danger as king of the north he has united those wildlings with the northern houses. Together we are faced with the uncommon enemy.' The red woman told them.

'He sounds like quite a man,' Danny agreed

'Summon Jon Snow and I stand before you and tell you the things that of happened to him the things that he has seen with his own eyes,' the red woman said

'I can't speak to prophecies are visions in flames but I like Jon Snow and I trust him and I'm an excellent judge of character.' Tyrion told them 'if it goes well the north would make a valuable ally and the former bastard on the throne did execute his father and conspired to have his brother killed. Jon Snow has more reason to hate Cersei than you do.' 

'Very well,' Danny agreed 'send a raven over to the north tell Jon snow that his queen invites him to come to Dragon stone and bend the knee.'

++

"You know this is very familiar." AMelia remarked sitting criss cross on Rickon's bed. 

"Hiding from Ser Rumlow?" RIckon offered and Amelia nodded. "If it helps, I heard he died." 

"it shouldnt..." Amelia admitted. "But it does." she agreed and Rickon laughed out. 

''I dont remember the last time I laughed." RIckon remarked. 

"I'm so sorry I couldnt save you and Bran." Amelia told him. 

"I'm sorry we couldnt save you." Rickon retorted and Amelia wanted to cry all over again. 

"You think Bran is okay?" Amelia whispered trying to hold back tears. 

"He was last I saw him." Rickon retorted. "But that was a while ago." He admitted.  "You miss him?" 

"I missed you both." Amelia told him hugging him again. Somehow she felt free and like a prisoner all over again. Jon was the only one that vouched for her. Sansa still saw her as the enemy but Rickon still saw her as the girl that tucked them in, gave him baths and read him stories. 

"There is this familiar feeling..." Amelia said softly as she lay back in his bed and they stared up at the ceiling. "I don't know if its good or bad yet but I'm glad you are here. I felt very alone, for a long time. I'm sure you did too." Rickon nodded grabbing her hand. 

"We take care of each other." Rickon told her. "Protect each other."

"I would... I would-" she choked back a sob. "-really like that." 

"We are going to get Bran back to. I know it."