46. Always a Lannister

The three of them smashed onto the horse amelia leaned into sandor her mind and body racing from the night's disaster. But sandor ran a calming hand over her and her breathing slowed and she relaxed into him as arya pouted and gripped from amelias lap.

''You know when robb heard he might be married to you he couldnt shut up about it. He said he was going to marry the most beautiful girl in the world.'' Arya told her. Amelia looked over at her but aryas focus was on the trail. ''Then he met you and i think he fell in love on the spot.''

''He was sweet to me...'' Amelia lied to her, it was the least she could do after what they witnessed. Merciful lies. ''He was a kind and brave man... he tried to bargain me for ned your father...' amelia told her ''but joffrey didnt care. Im sorry for your losses. Your family does not deserve this.''

''You heard what they are saying right?'' Arya asked

''About my mother and my uncle jaime ?'' Amelia mused

''Yeah'' arya agreed

''Its true.'' Amelia confirmed. Sandor stared down at her. ''I knew... i saw them sneak away when i was younger. I didn't understand it then but...''

''Youre a Lannister now.'' Arya remarked

''Ive always been a lannister.'' Amelia corrected. ''You want me dead to get back at them? Is that it?'' Arya finally looked back at her. ''Walder frey killed your mother and brother because he was working with my fucking family.'' Amelia shouted. ''Go on. Hate me! Kill me!''

''Amelia,'' sandor whispered

''No she has every right. My parents are alive and they are cruel and evil and manipulative and her parents were good people and they were slaughtered.'' Amelia went on.

''My family was butchered by yours.'' arya agreed.

''But your family wasnt perfect either. But maybe i deserve to die.'' Amelia remarked. ''Robb was kind at first but then he was mean, he wasn't in the right either. We might have been happy when you left winterfell but once my father- once Robert,'' she corrected ''died and ned was in chains i was a prisoner as well.''

''Oh amelia,'' sandor said softly as he rested his chin on her shoulder as they rode.

'Robb didnt mistreat me at first but he didnt trust me.'' Amelia told them

''Youre a Lannister.'' arya reminded her. ''Lannisters are not to be trusted.''

''Robb kept a guard on me. Not for protection but because he wanted to make sure i didnt run away first.'' Amelia told her. ''It was understandable i was a bargaining tool but i felt so alone. I just wanted to go home. maybe it was close proximity or being trapped with him and only him but i thought i loved him at first but that was short lived when I saw who he really was.'' Amelia told her. 'Hell i married him. But then he found a new girl at the camps. He married her fucked her and put a child in her, on the way to the fucking wedding!" Amelia went on and Arya glared back at her. "He slapped me and put his hand around me throat and said he would send me back to my family in pieces. So hate me kill me. I dont care anymore. I have no life worth living.'' Amelia shouted ''my whole fucking life was a lie. My family legacy a lie my own father wasnt my father and now! Now im running again.''

''Are you scared?' arya asked

''No.' Amelia answered stiffly.

''You should be.'' arya remarked

''I know that even if you tried to kill me sandor would kill you first.'' Amelia told her

''He hates your family just as much as i do.'' Arya remarked

"You see Sandor is not like you and your fuck face of a brother Robb, Sandor can hate my family and still love me." Amelia informed her.

"He hates you." Arya said confidently.

"Not me.'' Amelia spat ''right sandor?''

''I wont let the little bitch hurt you.'' sandor confirmed kissing amelias cheek.

***

Bran startled awake Meera shaking him.

'Why did you wake me?' Bran Questioned annoyed.

'You were gone for hours' Meera told him

'I was hungry' he told them.

'We're all hungry'

'I was just eating' Bran told them

'Summer was eating' Jojen corrected 'your body can't live on the food you're wolves consume. Spending too much time in summers bodies dangerous. You are not a dire wolf, thought it must be glorious though to run, to Leap, to Hunt, to be whole.' Jojen told him. 'I know it's tempting if you're trapped in summer for too long you'll forget what it is to be human' Bran ate a piece of bread Meera offered him.

'You would forget us, you would forget your mother and father and brother and sisters you would forget Winterfell, you would forget you and if we lose you we lose everything.' Meera told him. He ate silently avoiding their eye.