47. Cages

'Hodor take me to the tree' Bran told him and Hodor picked him up bringing him to the tree placing him down at the roots. The tree had a face and its trunk and vibrant red leaves when he touched the tree his eyes went white.

'I know where we have to go' he told them.

'Do you hear that?' Babies cries could be hurt echoing around them

'Is that a baby?' meera asked

'They are coming I'm going out there.'

'No we have to stay together' Meera told him

'No I'm going,' Bran told them, his head tipping back, his eyes turning white as he entered summer she ran off to the noise. Moments later though Bran popped back to them.

'It's summer, he's hurt, they have him but I saw my brothers wolf they have them in a trap.' bran told them panicked looking around feeling useless. "They have ghost.' he told them

+

'none of the starks had anything to say after that meal!' a group of men sat around the fire, arya and Sandor listened as they spoke about the red wedding. Robb and Catelyn's fall. They were laughing as if it was the best thing in the world... Amelia's eyes were closed as she leaned back into Sandor, she felt safer than she had in a while. Since she was at winterfell with Bran and Rickon. Which was a crazy thought because Bran couldn't move and Rickon was very much a child. But she was happy... happier there with them. She wondered what would have happened if she was still at winterfell when Theon came. If she could have helped or she would have died along with them.

'tell you what though the hardest thing was getting the wolfs head to stay on the body.' Arya had enough, she jumped down, moved to the men quickly. Sandor muttered a few curses before stopping the horse.

'Stay.' he told Amelia. 'you get the fuck out of here if something happens.' He told her running after arya. Amelia sat uselessly looking back at the scene unfold.

'what we ending up doing was we hooked the needle right on the collar bone..' arya made her way behind the man speaking, the others watched curiously. Their eyes drifting to Arya. 'give it a nice firm... what do you want.'

'mind if I keep warm?' arya asked.

'fuck off.'

'but I'm are hungry. And very cold.' Arya said sweetly.

'does fuck off mean something else where you come from?'

'ive got money.' Arya held out the coin jaqen gave her.

'what kind of coin is that?' the man asked.

'its worth a lot.' He reached out for it and she dropped it to the ground. 'sorry.' She said innocently.

'you little shit.' He muttered picking it up and when he bent down arya snapped. She stabbed the man, she kept stabbing him. Over and over again. Sandor marched over and finished the last man,

'where did you get the knife?' sandor asked arya coming up behind her.

'from you.' She held it up for him he took it looking down at where it was usually kept, the little thief.

'was that the first man you killed?' sandor asked.

'the first man.' Arya confirmed.

'next time you are going to do something like that, tell me first.' Sandor said looking to Amelia she was gnawing at her lip as she watched them come back to the horse. "You alright gorgeous?" Sandor asked and Amelia nodded.

'valar morghulis' arya said picking up her coin.

+

'They look like nights watch.' Bran said

'If Jon was here why would they put his wolf in a cage?' meera questioned 'it might've been the nights watch once but it's not anymore, we're not safe here. we have to go now!' Meera told them as she saw a woman being dragged away screaming and kicking.

'I'm not leaving without summer' Bran told her

'It's not safe here-'

'Can you remember where the cage was?' Meera asked impatiently.

'The Eastside' Bran told them

'If I'm not back soon we are-' meera said walking away but she was jabbed in the face knocking her down Hodor stood up but he was a gentle giant and he was scared as they were soon surrounded.