chapter 47

➳➳➳❤❤➳➳➳

SABINA's POV

3 months later

The smile on my face disappeared when I read the message of Xzavier. I groaned in disappointment and threw myself into bed.

'I'm sorry, my Ina. Looks like I'll be staying for another month here in the USA. The work keeps on piling up and I can't just leave without attending to them first. I missed you terribly.' -Your Xzav

I've been missing him terribly too and the thought of not seeing him for another month was already driving me mad in longingness.

Well, it was understandable that he needed to stay there long enough to attend to everything that he needed to do because he'd been absent for quite some time. Even though he'd been working online, there were things that he needed to do in person.

I shoved my phone on the empty space of the bed, too upset to even formulate a reply, and was about to close my eyes to just doze off when I heard my message alert tone.

I quickly checked my phone, thinking that the message came from Xzavier again but it actually came from Akira.

'Hi, Sabina. I just wanted to thank you for listening to me even after what happened. I know, I hurt you in a way but I'm happy that you still forgave me. I'm on my way back home now and don't know if I would ever come back here again. I'm glad that we saw each other before I departed Lyon. I wish you and Xzavier the best and take care always. I've never mentioned this to you but you were my one and only friend overseas. Thank you for being a great friend. I'll treasure our friendship forever.'

A smile appeared on my lips. When Akira came back from dealing with her family issues on her father side, she and I met yesterday and everything ended well between us. She asked for my forgiveness and I saw the sincerity in her eyes.

She told me her story and I felt really bad for her. Even though she let her father used her to achieve his goals, she still did the right thing in the end.

Xzavier told me that the night before Father Nicolas kidnapped me, Akira sent him an anonymous message, informing him about Father Nicolas' plans.

According to Xzavier, prior to that, his men already found the one who was responsible for the two attacks on them previously and that guy spilled the beans that it was Father Nicolas who sent him to do it, intending to scare and intimidate them.

After they discovered about it, they've been devising a plan to catch Father Nicolas. When he received that anonymous text, that helped them to trap Father Nicolas.

When Akira told Father Nicolas that she needed to use the toilet while we were in the car, going to the port, Akira sent Xzavier a signal so that he could track our location on time.

Because of her effort to correct her mistakes, she helped Xzavier and his men save our lives and defeat Father Nicolas. I gave her my forgiveness and wished her well which made her tear up.

After opening my heart for forgiveness, all the remnants of pain and bitterness that the past left in my heart vanished like a mist.

Finally, everything was peaceful these past few months and I couldn't ask for more. The only thing missing was Xzavier's presence beside me and it was getting difficult with each passing day.

After I replied to Akira's message, I heard a knock on my door.

"Sab, Billy and Henry are waiting for you downstairs!" It was my mother. My mood lifted up and I got up right away, almost flying towards the door excitedly.