chapter 12

𝓗𝓪𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰, 𝓐𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮𝓼❗ 𝓔𝓷𝓳𝓸𝔂❗

➳➳➳❤❤➳➳➳

SABINA's POV

Upon opening my eyes, it was weird but I felt okay unlike these past few days that I felt hopeless and empty inside. I felt so heavy in my chest these past few days but now, I felt a lot better. Then, I smile appeared on my face as I remembered the reason why I felt lighter inside now.

Of course, I knew the reason for this change and that's none other than Xzavier. Yes, mom and I's situation is still dangerous but for some reason, my heart knows that everything will be okay, holding onto his promises.

I've never thought that love could bring this kind of special feeling. I wish after all this, Xzavier and I will finally be together whenever we want to without thinking about anything but us.

Then, I was pulled out of my thoughts when I felt my phone, which was underneath my pillow, vibrate. I quickly took it out excitedly.

A smile automatically appeared on my face upon seeing Xzavier's message.

"I knew it. It's Xzav..."

'Good morning, my Ina. I missed u already.' I bit my lower lip as giddiness surged within me. I couldn't believe that just by seeing his message was making me so happy and alive like this.

I was still typing my replay when it vibrated again. But this time, it wasn't just a message anymore. He was calling!

I answered full of excitement. Thankfully, I listened carefully when Xzavier was teaching me how to use my cellphone.

"Xzav..."

"Hi, Ina. It's nice hearing your voice first thing in the morning. Damn. I wish, we're together right now so that I could greet you good morning that you will surely enjoy."

"What are you talking about? What kind of greeting is that?" I asked full of curiosity and he laughed heartily. I pouted. Looked like I failed to get what he meant again.

"Nothing. I think it's better for me to just show it to you someday. Anyway, how was your sleep? I hope, no one came to disturb you."

I sighed. "Someone came to check on me right after you left but after that, no one came." I released a breath. "I want to get out of here as soon as possible already, Xzav. I'm worried about mom. What if—"

"—Shhh. Don't be too negative. Just like I told you before. I won't let anything bad happen to your mother and you. Just patient, my Ina."

"I know and I trust you but you don't know what Father Nicolas is capable of and just thinking that he might hurt mom is giving me fear already. I don't care what will he do to mom as long as he will not hurt mom, I'll endure." I couldn't hide the worry and fear in my voice.

"Don't worry, my Ina. Your sufferings will end soon. I promise you that." I was about to answer when I heard something unlocking the door. Because of panic, I ended the call right away and because of that, I couldn't say goodbye to Xzavier. I hid the phone back under my bed and pretended that I just woke up.

"Good morning, Lady Sabina. Father Nicolas instructed for you to eat your breakfast now so that you could visit your mother if you wanted to." The lady who just came in said and my eyes widened in surprise. I could feel a combination of excitement and hesitation in my chest knowing that they would ask for something in return.