chapter 25

Bon weekend, Amores. :)

➳➳➳❤❤➳➳➳

SABINA's POV

All the newfound strength I had dissipated just like that when the first thing I saw upon opening the room where my mother was in was the person standing next to her. It seemed to me that they were talking before I came and my mother was in rage. But that was quickly changed when I entered the room as fear was registered on my mother's face upon seeing me.

"Sab..." Her voice was trembling and I wanted to approach her but Father Nicolas pulled her behind him. I couldn't believe that he's here. How did he get here? He got bounded to a chair by Xzav in the room where they put me in, right?

I blinked innumerably, hoping that I was just imagining things, but I wasn't. He was really there, staring at me with a smug smirk on his face.

"Sab, run! Don't think about me and just run!" That pulled me out of my reverie. I shook my head vigorously.

"No, mom. I won't leave this place without you."

"Sab, this is not the time for you to be stubborn!" I kept on shaking my head, torn between listening to what she's telling me; to leave her there and run as fast as I could or stay and try to save her.

Just imagining me abandoning my own mother in the hands of the devil was already killing me. I could never do that no matter what happens. Deep inside of me, I was still hoping that Xzavier would come and get us out of there just like he promised.

Father Nicolas laughed. "I'm glad to hear that, Sabina. Well, whether you like it or not, you will stay in this place anyway." I gritted my teeth.

"You're an evil! Let my mother go! We didn't do anything wrong to anyone here so why are you doing this to us?!" He tsked a couple of times.

"We wouldn't've arrived to this kind of situation if you just obliged to what I wanted right away. All I wanted from you was to be my wife but you had to disobey me and not just that. You even teamed up with someone who will eventually betray your trust in the end."

"What do you mean by that?"

He chuckled. "Don't act like you don't know whom I'm talking about. Do you really think that he will come to rescue you from all this just like he promised? Of course, he won't. That man only cares about himself and his goals and nothing else."

My jaw flexed. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"C'mon, Sabina. Stop with the pretense. I'm sure he told you that he would come and get you out of here, am I right?" My fists tightened. Even without him saying Xzavier's name, I knew that he was referring about him and I didn't how he manage to get information about him.

As far as I know, they haven't met yet. When Xzavier was here, he pretended to be one of the guards with his mask on. As far as I know, everything was going according to our plan but Xzavier was suddenly nowhere to be found and Father Nicolas escaped from where we left him. Oh, God! Don't tell me he has Xzav?

"How come you know this much? What have you done to him?"

"And now, you finally know whom I'm talking about. You've really broken a lot of our laws here in Safe Haven just because of him and yet, he just left you hanging without knowing what hit you. I pity you, Sabina." My fists tightened, couldn't accept what he was talking about.