chapter 43

"When I look at you, I can feel it. I look at you and I'm home." - Finding Nemo

➳➳➳❤❤➳➳➳

SABINA's POV

The next day, I went back to work and Xzavier did the same. Even though I wanted to use the other car that I've been using since we moved in together, he insisted for us to use one car because he wanted to be with me as much as he could which honestly made me giddy.

"Xzav, we already talked about this. It's better for us to hide our relationship for now. After a couple of months, we'll eventually tell everyone but for now, we should wait until I settle down. I mean, I'm just a newbie in CXM."

He huffed. "That's ridiculous. Why do we need to do that? I don't give a damn about what other people say. You're mine and I want everyone to know that."

"Xzav, I feel the same but I don't want everyone to say that I managed to get the job because of you."

"We know that that's not true. You got the job because you deserved it."

"Yes, but—"

"—Are you ashamed of me?" My jaw slacked open upon hearing his question.

"Where the heck did you get that idea?"

"Because you seem like you're not proud that we're together." I reached for his muscled arm and patiently answer his question.

"Of course not. You know how much I love you."

"Then, why do you sound like you're not? Don't tell me, you mind if people judged us unfairly because they don't know our story?" I chewed on my lower lip and then sighed.

"Okay. I'll be honest with you. It's true that I don't want to be judged by the other employees but at the same time, I don't want to strain your reputation also."

His eyebrows scrunched and then stopped the car on the shoulder of the road before facing me unsmilingly. "What are you talking about?"

"You know what I'm talking about. You're rich. You own a lot of business including CXM which is one of the biggest companies in the world while me on the other hand has nothing. I'm just a normal person without anything that I could be proud of. I'm—"

"—That's enough. Don't ever say that again." His tone was stern and slightly angry. He placed a finger under my chin and made me look at him.

"Don't ever say that about yourself again. I don't want to hear you underestimating yourself like that ever again. Yes, you're not rich but so what? I've never cared about that anyway. You're the most amazing woman I've ever laid my eyes on and in a sea of women, I will still find and choose you over and over again no matter how many times I need to decide. You're the only woman for me and no matter where I am, I want you to be there, standing by my side."

"Sorry. I didn't mean to upset you." I kissed his cheek and looked into his eyes with puppy dog eyes, feeling guilty.

"You should be." He even folded his arms across his chest which made me chuckle. "I'm more than proud that your mine and yet, you seem to be the opposite when it comes to me."

"You know that it's not like that." I sighed in defeat. "Okay, I agree but let's wait for at least a month. And that's final."

"But—"

"—One month or never?"

"C'mon, Ina. You're not being fair. I hate that I can't be with you whenever I want to in CXM just because you want to avoid any gossip."