chapter 39

Bon weekend, Amores! Enjoy reading. 🧡

➳➳➳❤❤➳➳➳

2 months later

SABINA's POV

I looked at the building in front of me and chewed on my lower lip tensely. Today's my first day at work and I was nervous for some reason.

"You can do this, Sab. You've been looking forward to this for so long so you should do your best." I told myself before taking a deep breath.

When they accepted me two months ago, I thought I was going to start right away but according to them, I had to wait for some time before I could finally start.

Well, it worked on my favor because I was so sad because of what happened to Rex and then Novell family. Until now, I still couldn't believe what happened. Just like us, everyone in Claudette ranch was in shock too.

Some believed that Rex was the one who attacked Mr. Jean-Claude Novell but some never believed it.

The police said that Rex was one of the prisoners who died during the fire but Ellie refused to believed it. For some reason, I too.

Thankfully, Xzavier remained on my side during those moments and he helped me a lot to recover from what happened. Rex was my friend but Ellie was his lover. My heart ached knowing how devastated and hurt she was.

Xzavier's dad came back a week after he came over and he talked to his son inside the study. I didn't know what happened but after their private conversation, his dad calmly exited the house without saying anything harsh towards me.

"Good morning." I greeted the man at the front desk upon walking into the lobby and he greeted me back with a friendly smile.

"You need to log in here before going to your respective department. I'm guessing, it's your first day today at work?" I pressed my finger on the biometric time clock and my picture on the screen popped up, indicating that it was done recording my arrival time.

"Yeah, it's my first day today. Thank you for your help." I was about to walk towards the elevator when he spoke once more.

"You're welcome, Sabina."

My forehead crinkled. "How did you know my name?"

"Because of that." He pointed at the biometric time clock. I chuckled.

"Ah, yes. I forgot. Anyway, I need to go. See around."

"You can call me Mark. Mark Evans."

I smiled. "My name is Sabina Martins." I then turned my back on him and quickly strode my way towards the elevator to go to the 5th floor which was the accounting department.

When I reached my floor, I met my co-workers-to-be and they seemed to be nice. Later on, my nervousness disappeared as someone oriented me about my work.

I didn't even notice that the time went by so quickly because of the load of work that I had to finish. When the lunch break came, I went to the cafeteria to eat together with two of my co-workers.

"Here we go again. Another beauty has caught the attention of all the gentlemen here in CXM and the beauty of the ordinary women like me are being ignored like a stale fish." Sandra, one of my co-workers complained, sounding a little bit sad.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" I inquired curiously.

"Isn't it obvious that she's talking about you? Look at the guys around. Their attentions are focused on you." Vivian answered. My eyebrows furrowed and looked around. I could feel my cheeks blush shyly upon seeing that they were indeed staring at me.