chapter 8

HAPPY READING, AMORES! 

➳➳➳❤❤➳➳➳

SABINA's POV

The next morning after that, Father Nicolas came to the room where I was locked in together with his guards whom I couldn't see their faces because they were wearing black masks. He told me that we needed to practice for the wedding ceremony.

According to them, the wedding would be held on the next full moon and that would be next week. Even though my blood was boiling in rage and disgust, I held back my emotions.

Just like what I've promised to Sister Fernanda, I just remained quiet to prevent any kinds of altercation. In short, I didn't say anything to prevent myself nor my mother from being hurt in anyway.

They blindfolded me before they took me out of the room.

We walked for about 5 minutes before we finally came to a stop.

"You can remove her blindfold now." Father Nicolas ordered and one of the three guards did as they were told. Upon removing the covering of my eyes, I opened my eyes and was surprised to see an unfamiliar place.

"Where are we? Are we still in Safe Haven?" I asked without any tinge of emotion, looking around.

"Of course. This is the sacred courtyard of Safe Haven and no one is permitted to step foot in this place aside from the leaders and some authorized personnel only." Father Nicolas answered then tried to hold me by the hand but I took a step backward, avoiding his touch.

"Can we just do what we came here for quickly? I'm tired and I want to rest." He looked displeased of my cold behavior but looked like he decided to just let it pass. To my surprise, he brought something out from the pocket of his slacks and pressed something on it before bringing it to his ear.

"You can come here now. Sabina is ready." He then pressed something on that thing again. Shortly after that, I saw Sister Fernanda and Sister Lora came. Then, I realized something. That thing that Father Nicolas used to call the two women over was called cellphone if I wasn't mistaken.

My mother told me about it before but I've never seen one in person. How come he possesses that kind of device? No one in Safe Haven has any things like that because according to them, we don't need any unnecessary things in our lives. We only commit to one thing and that's serving God and be a good member of SFH.

"Father Nicolas, I think it's better for you to leave for now. Don't worry because we will make sure that Sabina will learn everything in the ceremony so that when the wedding comes, everything will be perfect." Sister Fernanda suggested.

"Stop being impertinent in front of Father Nicolas, Sister Fernanda! How could you shoo him away as if you have any right to?! Remember that he's the highest among us leaders!" Sister Lora chided at her in disbelief.

"I am not. Besides, according to the tradition, the groom shouldn't see his soon-to-be wife days before the wedding especially during the preparation time." Sister Lora was about to respond when Father Nicolas spoke.

"Stop you two. Sister Fernanda is right. I shouldn't be here. I just wanted to make sure that everything would be perfect even though this is just nothing but a practice. Now, you two already know what to do next so I'll entrust everything to the both of you."

"Of course, Father Nicolas." They both answered in unison. After that, he finally left together with the two guards. One guard was left with us. While we were in the middle of practice for the ceremony, I made sure not to create a scene and just did whatever they told me to do while trying my best to look around, familiarizing myself in every corner of this place.