chapter 42

It's weekend again, Amores. Days go by so quickly indeed. Anyway, bon weekend tout le monde. :)

➳➳➳❤❤➳➳➳

SABINA's POV

I woke up with a start and automatically reached out my arm for Xzavier next to me but his side of the bed was cold and empty. I groaned in disappointment, opened my eyes and looked around the room, looking for him, but he was nowhere to be found. I heaved a sigh and slowly sat up.

I stretched my arms above my head to ease that discomfort feeling in my back and to awaken my senses because I still felt so sleepy. I was about to get off the bed when I saw the time on the wall clock and my eyes almost popped out of its socket.

"Jesus! I'm so late!" I couldn't believe that it was already 9:30 am! Why didn't my alarm go off?! I took my phone from the bedside table to check what happened and saw that it was off. Did I turn if off last night?

"I'm so dead!" I swung my legs to the floor and was about to head to the bathroom when I heard a voice coming from the balcony of the room. It was Xzavier, no doubt.

I marched my way towards the door that leads to the balcony and poked my head through the slightly ajar door. It was indeed Xzavier, talking with someone on the phone.

"Make sure that you get the right person. I don't want other people to get involved in this unnecessarily...Okay, call me again when you confirmed about all these." The rage in his voice was very evident while holding onto the balustrade firmly that his knuckles were already turning pale.

He was about to come back inside the room when he got surprised upon seeing me. Then, his face softened before coming up to me and planted a soft kiss on my lips.

"Good morning, Ina. How was your sleep?"

"Miraculously, I managed to sleep. Maybe, I was just too tired even though I was still shaken up of what happened." He nodded his head and didn't comment any further.

"Who were you talking to just now?"

He raked his fingers through his hair. "One of my men."

"About what happened in Zurich yesterday?"

"Yes." I slowly nodded my head and no one spoke for a couple of seconds until I decided to break the silence.

"Aren't you going to tell me about it?"

"Unfortunately, my men are still chasing after that person. Whoever it was, seems like they're good in what they do that they managed hide until now. My men already have an intel who could've possibly done this but still in the process of verifying the information. For now, all we need to do is wait for the result." He then cupped my face and our gazes locked.

"Are you sure, you're feeling better now?"

I bit my lower lip. "Honestly, I'm still shaken but I think I'm feeling better compared yesterday."

"I'll do everything to protect you. I promise you that." I noticed that his jaw clench tightly. Multitude of emotions passed through his eyes and yet, rage was the very apparent.

"I know, you will. Thank you for thinking about my safety but make sure to be careful too, okay? Promise me."

"I promise." He then enveloped me into a tight embrace before kissing my forehead as his hand gently touched the band aid on my arm which was concealing the biggest scrape I got from yesterday. Thankfully, nothing bad happened. I suffered some scrapes in my arms but that was just it.