chapter 15

Bon weekend, everyone! Enjoy reading. :)

➳➳➳❤❤➳➳➳

SABINA's POV

"Now that you've finally calmed down, I want to know what exactly happened. Sarah is not with you right now and as her best friend, I'll be here for you on her stead knowing that you need a shoulder to lean on." I pained smile appeared on my lips upon hearing what Sister Fernanda have said.

Just remembering about what happened made me emotional once again. Yes, ever since I was old enough to understand everything, I had nothing but to leave Safe Haven but even if I had that intense desire to leave, I knew that I could always come back to Safe Haven.

But now, everything changed including my perception about Safe Haven. Because of Father Nicolas, Safe Haven became a hell to me and I knew that I would never come back here the moment I had the chance to escape.

Then, I found myself telling everything that had happened earlier today to Sister Fernanda but leaving the part when Xzavier saved me from Father Nicolas until he tied him inside the adjacent room.

I suddenly got worried that Father Nicolas might succeed on creating a sound that could get the attention of Sister Fernanda. Even though Xzavier made sure that he wouldn't be able to escape that room, I still felt anxious about the situation.

"I don't know what to say about all this, Sabina. I feel so bad that even though I've been trying my best to help you and Sarah, Father Nicolas and the other leaders' eyes are on me all the time because they know how close I am to you and your mother. I can't even move without their meddling in some way.

"Thankfully, they agreed for me to come here at least once a day to bring you your food. I'm sorry, Sabina. I don't really know what to do in order to get you and Sarah out of this situation without anyone getting hurt." She sounded so guilty.

"I want to get out of here, sister Fernanda. I can't take it anymore. But everytime I think about escaping, the thought of my mother always stops me. I don't want to sacrifice her just for my own freedom. But I know that I would never marry that vile man. But no matter how hard I think, I know that escaping without anyone helping me is next to impossible. I don't know what do you anymore." My tears fell freely once more and looked like that added to her guilt.

"I understand what you feel. I'm not in your situation but I know how difficult it is just by seeing your tears. I know how you love your mom. Of course, you can't just abandon her like that and Father Nicolas is aware of this too that's why he's been using it against you in order to get what he wants."

I gritted my teeth. "I loathe that man, Sister Fernanda."

"I can clearly see it without you voicing it out, Sabina. Even I isn't in favor of you marrying him because your life will only become hell and I don't want you to suffer like that. Marriage should be between two people in love not like this." She held my hand.

"Stay strong, Sabina. I know it's difficult but you should fight for what you want. Don't let him manipulate and control you."

"But he has my weakness and that's mom. Just like what I've said a while ago, I can't leave Safe Haven without her with me." I bit my lower lip.

She was about to answer when we heard a muffled scream from inside the adjacent door. My eyes widened. Looked like Father Nicolas was trying to scream but his voice only came out as a stifled growl because he was duct taped.