chapter 22

ANNOUNCEMENT: Hi, Amores. Since, you're still reading this one, I will continue but after finishing this story, I might take a break from writing English stories and write Tagalog stories instead OR I might completely take a break from writing and not write any story for a while. It depends. I just noticed that I don't have the same enthusiasm that I had before in writing and I just want to regain that kind of feeling. Maybe taking a break for a while will help me focus more. Anyway, happy reading. :)

➳➳➳❤❤➳➳➳

SABINA's POV

My whole body felt like it turned into a statue, unable to move at all. I knew how Xzavier used to just do naughty things to me whenever he was the in mood to do so but it never occurred to me that he would have the guts to actually kiss me knowing how I hated him right now.

"I really missed you like crazy, my Ina. You don't know how much." He whispered huskily and was about to capture my lips for another kiss when I finally came back to reality. My response was automatic. I gave him a slap in his face.

"How dare you kiss me without permission and tell me those lies after?!" He was obviously shocked of what I did as he touched his sore cheek.

"And what were you saying about wanting me back?! How dare you!" I shook my head vigorously. "That would never happen, especially now that I have a boyfriend! I don't know what you're trying to achieve this time but I advise you to stop it!" Before he could manage to respond, I stormed out of there like a ghost was chasing after me.

When I reached the base of the tree, I stopped and looked up. Xzavier was standing at the small terrace, looking down at me with an unreadable expression on his face.

"I know that coming here all of a sudden shocked you but I needed to do it. I know very much that it wouldn't be easy but before I even came here, I already made a decision of getting you back, my Ina. I'm going to make you listen to me and when that time comes, you'll finally understand me." His voice held determination.

Instead of answering, I pivoted around and headed towards our house without looking back.

"Damn you, Xzavier! You can't do this to me! Not now that I've already moved on from everything!" I told myself angrily as my eyes drenched with unshed tears. But just like usual, I did my best not to let it fall. I'm done of crying over him!

"What happened to you? You look like you're being chased by the police or something." Henry asked when I was about to enter the back door. Looked like he was about to head out.

"W-Why are you still home? Aren't you going to be late at work?" I asked instead of answering his question.

"Don't give me that, Sabina. Just answer my question." He was looking at me like a hawk.

"Nothing to be worried about. Everything's fine."

"Really? I was about to go check the treehouse if you were there because you suddenly disappeared. Rex mentioned that you went with Mr. Montaño somewhere earlier. Is that true?"

I faked a smile. "Of course not. We just spoke for a bit and then he left. I went to Nathan's place to invite him over." His eyebrows creased.

"You went to Nathan's place? Then, how come he arrived about 10 minutes earlier before you came home?" His voice was full of suspicion and I groaned inwardly.

"We came here at the same time but I went to the treehouse for a little bit. Anyway, I need to go to my room." Before he could answer, I walked past him and marched my way towards upstairs with long strides.