chapter 35

A/N: Hi, Amores! I just wanted to say that now that I am a Wattpad Creator, I will do my very best to write this story to the end even though I'm really struggling right now because of my schedule. After that, I will start another story. I mentioned on my post the other day that Red's story would be the next story after this, but I made changes for the sake of the plot of Red's official story. I won't explain everything here yet, but you will see the moment the next story begins, so stay tuned! Bon weekend and happy reading!

➳➳➳❤❤➳➳➳

SABINA's POV

I bit my lower lip as I tried my best to prevent myself from crying while watching the car of Xzavier driving away. I couldn't understand what I was feeling. Yes, he already confessed everything to me and through that, I learned something about my family that I didn't know about.

A part of me wanted nothing but to go after him but the other part of me was preventing me from doing so.

"Xzav..."

When his car was out of my sight, I slowly walked towards the bed and sat there while staring into space. If everything that had happened didn't happen, I'm sure, I would easily forgive Xzavier. My heart already did but my mind was contradicting the decision of my heart.

I slowly laid down on my back as my feet remained touching the floor, and then slowly closed my eyes.

'You're finally mine now, Sabina, and from now on, you will do everything that I want whatever it is.' I opened my eyes as those words echoed in my head as if it just happened yesterday. I touched my chest as I realized that I was already breathing hard.

I swallowed as I raked my fingers through my hair.

"Liar. You came to my rescue, huh? Then, how come that scene keeps on coming back to me, haunting me like I was in a nightmare? I waited for you, Xzav. I trusted your words and believed that you would eventually come and save me from that hell hole that I was in but you never come." I chuckled full of bitterness that I could almost taste it.

"Xzavier is not perfect, sweetie. Just like everyone of us, he's got his own share of mistakes and shortcomings." I gasped upon hearing that and sat up right away upon seeing who it was.

"Dad! You startled me!" He chuckled and sat next to me.

"I'm sorry for startling you. I knocked but looked like you were too busy staring at the ceiling that you didn't even hear it. The door was half-way closed that's why I decided to come in to check on you and I was right. You're sad." Upon hearing that, my tears fell like a dam. I threw my arms around him and cried on his shoulder.

"Cry everything out and you'll surely feel a lot better after." He consoled me while gently rubbing my back, calming me. I felt like I suddenly became a little girl, crying in my father's arms.

Sometimes, I missed being a child because everything is about butterflies and unicorns. You only recognize what heartbreak and pain are when you're already old enough to understand life; sometimes you're too hurt that you find yourself wishing to go back being a child again to escape the pain. If only that was possible.

I didn't know how long I cried like that until my tears finally dried up.

"Are you feeling okay now?" My father then asked tenderly. I slowly nodded my head as I remained leaning the side of my head on his shoulder. He heaved a sigh.

"I know that hearing the man you love admitting of using you to achieve his plans is painful but at least for me, I appreciate that he became honest and is willing to do everything the right way. He even faced your mother and I's wrath but he didn't back down. Such a brave man. Now that you heard his side of the story, what will you do now? Forgive him or totally erase him out of your life?" Erase him out of my life and would never see him again? Can I even do that? Just imagining the possibility of it almost made my heart stop beating.