Chapter 26

"—So dad waited till Marcus Spencer talked about the marriage proposal and then played his game

"—So dad waited till Marcus Spencer talked about the marriage proposal and then played his game." Sid said from the other side as I hummed in satisfaction, "so now, this matter is settled. And you don't have to worry about your location being exposed by the Spencers."

"That's good to know. But how did dad exactly settle this matter?" I asked as I continued greeting the cheese over my pasta.

"Well, dad said something about digging out The Spencer's deepest secret so when Marcus Spencer laid down the marriage proposal dad threatened him with that."

"Oh... wow, dad did a great job." I keep the cheese back in the fridge and then glanced at the timer to check how much time had passed.

"Yeah, well that's dad after all." I chuckled while covering the pasta bowl with a lead then glancing at my Rossito on the stove, "why are you making so much huh? It's not even like many people would be coming."

"'Cause I want this birthday to be special for her. I want her to feel special."

He chuckled in reply, "you're one true friend Shiya bun."

I popped in front of my screen as I grinned at him, "that... I am." Then I strode away walking towards the cabinets to remove some snacks, "so... what's the status of my pendant? When it be arriving? It's almost been a week."

I heard him scoff as he replied, "I'm getting you a customised pendant from Cartier. It doesn't pop from the sky that as soon as you asked you'll get it." I giggled while transferring some chips into a big glass bowl. "Why do you want a real key as a pendant anyways?"

At his question, my hand went to my neck only for it to feel empty because my key necklace is with him so he could get the exact copy for my new necklace from Cartier. "It's a secret Siddy. You don't need to know."

I knew he was rolling his eyes but I was too busy to see him rolling his eyes at me. "Did you—did you give her the gift yet?"

I sighed as I kept the packet away and let him see my face while I stared at his nervous one. His face portrayed tiredness as he had eye bags under his eyes and his hair was extremely messy. "Why don't you just admit that you like her?"

"What?" He stared at me wide-eyed like he can't believe what I just asked, "what bullshit are you saying Shiya!"

Great now he is angry with me.

"Look, I don't have any intentions to make you angry so we'll talk about this some other day. Right now, you should sleep, I can see your eye bags." With a nod, he waved at me as I waved back and then end the call.

I heard the timer beep as I immediately grabbed my gloves and then open the oven, taking out the freshly baked lasagna. Keeping it on the slab I smelt it and with a satisfactory smile, I cover it with a lead. Glancing at the Rossito on the stove I press a button as the gas died down then I take out a bowl and transfer the Rossito into it.

After everything was done, I exhale glanced at the clock on the wall then made my way towards my room. It's time to get ready.

As soon as I returned from college I immediately started my work in the kitchen then I received a video call from Sid to inform me about the deals between dad and Marcus Spencer. And now it's past six.

Thank the lords that I made a wise choice of selecting my dress yesterday only and Tani's habit of being a neat freak so I hadn't had to clean the living room. When it came to the kitchen I'm a neat freak there, I hate messy stuff so I kept the kitchen clean even when I cooked something.

I took a quick shower I started with makeup and wearing my fluffy bathrobe. Not wanting to be seen as a makeup-obsessed girl to a bunch of science students, I tried to keep it minimum yet worth capturing everyone's eyes.

I let my bathrobe slide from my shoulders as I wore my inners then wear my black skinny jeans and my black jacket, and zip it enough, to not let me flash my boobs to the entire world. Tucking my jacket into the waistband of my jeans I walk in front of my mirror then let my hair down and puff it a bit to give some volume, knowing I don't need to comb 'cause it looks better when it's messy.

Opening my jewellery box, I take out five rings and slide each one of them on my left-hand fingers. I put on my charm bracelet then wear my fossil smart watch and I'm ready to step out.

After exiting my room, I command Alexa to play my party playlist from Spotify as GDFR by Flo Rida starts playing. Vibing to the songs, I transfer all the gifts into the living room and keep them on the side table. First I keep the gifts from our Indian Friends which were transferred here by my mom to keep our location a secret.

The second one was by her parents who had delivered it in my name to keep it a surprise. Then I kept Sid's which I'm guessing is an anklet. Then I keep mine beside all of them, creating another mini hill. I giggle at it then click a picture and keep my phone in the back pocket of my skinny jeans.

As the song changed, I started dancing to Best Friend by Saweetie while waiting for everyone to arrive. "That's my best friend, she a real bad bitch
Drive her own car, she 'on't need no Lyft
In the strip club, know my girl gon' tip
Now she twerkin', she throw it out and come back in..."

I swear if Tani heard this song play, she will kill me. You see, she isn't a fan of R&B or the 'club ready' songs. And whenever I listen to such songs she tells me to grab my headphones. Bitch.

At one point I even twerk as I continue dancing around the living room. When the song changed I turn around to find everyone standing by the door frame and staring at me with an open mouths. And everyone includes; Tani, her two science student friends, Ethan, Dalhyun, Jae and Dew.

Oh fuck.

When Jaw Drop started playing, I smiled sheepishly while swinging my hips and waving at them. I grab Tani's hand and drag her deeper into the living room urging her to dance with me.

+++

New idea from the chapter

Suddenly, I feel like I want to write a book on Siddharth and Tanishka.
BUT
I don't feel like making it a proper book.

How 'bout I make it a small story and add it to this book itself as 'bonus chps?'
What do you think?

😇