Chapter 9

"어디야? (Where is it?)" I asked myself as I continued searching for my phone, "어디야?"

"Ugh!" I threw the pillow onto the bed, angrily. I've trying to find my phone for a while now, especially because I wanted to text Dawn, but it just seems like it didn't want me to text her. I closed my eyes tightly thinking about what to do.

"Jae! Iseul!" I called out while walking out, deciding to take their help to find my bloody phone. I entered the living room to find Iseul and Jae sitting on the couch with Jae's pet NomNom and ChinMae hyung's pet Becky. Both of them were grinning cheekily while looking at something.

As I walked closer to them, I recognised my phone in Jae's hand, typing something. "Jae!" I shouted at him as he jumped on his skin and everyone gazed at me. I snatched my phone from his grasp to find what sin he did with my phone.

I looked down at my phone to find a chat opened with Dawn's name written on the top. I glared at both of them and then went through what they talked about. I can't believe they teased her with the Oppa word.

"둘 다 이미 오빠 얘기를 했다는 게 믿기지 않아 (I can't believe you both already had the Oppa talk.)" Iseul said.

"하지만 그녀는 똑똑하다, 나는 그녀에게 그것을 줄 것이다. 그녀는 즉시 우리가 당신이 아니라는 것을 깨달았습니다 (But she is smart, I'll give her that. She immediately recognised that we are not you.)"

"I don't care about that!" I exclaimed, 왜 그녀에게 문자를 보냈어 (why did you text her!)" I picked up a cushion and threw it to them, then stormed towards them—ready to beat them to a pulp.

Sensing what I'm about to do, they immediately stood and started running towards the backyard while I started chasing them—shouting warnings and cusses at them.

Me:
Hi
Hi...
Um, I wanted to apologise for the morning incident.
And I can assure you that, it's me this time.

With a sigh I was about to keep my phone down when my phone pinged, I immediately unlocked it and smiled when I realised that it was Dawn's message.

Dawn. S:
Hello
Oh I see
Who was it before?

Why is she being so formal right now? Was it because of the morning incident?

Me:
Um...
Jae and Dew

Dawn. S
WHAT!
I chatted with the freakin Jae and Dew!!!!?

I chuckled, now she is back. Before she could ramble off I texted,

Me:
Yes, and don't worry. They got scolded for that

More than scolded. I laughed to myself.

I waited for her message but when she didn't, I just closed my phone and lay on the bed while Kyung climbed over my stomach and made himself comfortable. Only Chin-Mae Hyeong, Jae and I had bought our dogs ourselves considering if every member had brought their dog then our whole day would've gone in taking care of them.

All of us would be flying to Seoul in a matter of few weeks, though Baekyun Hyung is already in Seoul since he wanted to spend time with Noona, his fiancé.

Kyung jumped on his fur and then heard my phone ringing, I sit up leaning against the headboard while frowning at the caller Id. Why is Dawn video-calling me?

Without hesitation, I answered the call only to hear, "give me my fucking phone Tani! You bish! Stop right there!"

My tongue poked my cheek as I tried not to smile. Whatever I saw was blurry, I could only understand the colours that were grey and black. "I just want to see what you chatted with the lo—"

"Oh come on!" I heard her groan, "when will you stop teasing me with that?" Then I suddenly saw the camera facing her, she was puffing the hair out of her face with a blow from her mouth, and her face was completely red due to blushing or maybe chasing. I let my eyes travel over her figure checking out her black one-off-shoulder long T-shirt and I'm pretty sure that she isn't wearing shorts.

Suddenly she looked at me, no wait she gazed at the phone.

"Dude! You video-called him!" She shouted.

"What?" I heard her friend ask as everything started changing and I came in front of her friend whose eyes were wide and she was staring at me with shock, "Hi!" She squealed.

I chuckled, "Hello Tani,"

"Dude cut the fucking call," and then Tani started running, I think. "Tanishka Sehgal! Stop right there!" I think that's her best friend's real name, but what's Dawn's?

Suddenly Tani fell somewhere with Dawn on top of her, but luckily it seemed like they fell on the bed, "did you forget that I'm a fucking runner?"

She is a runner? And jeez, she cusses a lot.

"Will you please stop cussing? My bias is on the video call—" Tani wasn't able to complete her sentence as Dawn climbed on her and snatched the phone, she waved at me then I went flying somewhere. I frowned, what's happening there?

"Finally," I heard Dawn sigh, "I swear I'm going to kill you one day." The phone fell with a thud and all I could see was black.

"Aw, you love me too much to kill me."

"Fuck you." I heard her cuss at her housemate.

"Gladly do so, you're already sitting on top of me," my eyes widened at her sentence. What the hell is her best friend?

"Shut up, I already told you to stop flirting with me. Go and get yourself a man. And leave my single ass alone."

"그냥 전화 끊는게 나을듯 (It's better if I just cut the call,)" I said to myself. I end the call and let my phone bounce on the mattress as I pick Kyung up and snuggle my face into his fur.

+++

FACT OF THE CHAPTER

I really have a landlord like Mrs Pie here.

Hi Mrs Crow!
If you're seeing this, please don't call the cops!
Love you

💜