Missing Member

CW // Injury, blood

Pain sliced through Alxton's face as he fell flat onto rock.

Oh, something just cracked.

His ears rang, muffled exclamations becoming clearer as the haze faded from his brain.

"HEY!" A voice snarled.

Alxton looked up to meet eyes with a man he thought he wouldn't see again anytime soon.

Henwy's snarl disappeared, his brown eyes widening as a man with two-toned hair loomed over Alxton.

"It seems our missing member has arrived," He grinned. "Hi, Alxton!"

"How do you know my name?" Alxton snarled painfully, sitting up with a hiss of pain.

"I'm Frost." The man smiled. "Your unofficial-official leader."

Henwy extended a gloved hand to help Alxton, who unconsciously shied from his reach.

Henwy's face creased with guilt, and he looked away as Alxton pushed himself to his feet.

"Where... where the heck am I?" He asked.

A squeak rang out as the bat flew through the portal to land on his scarf. Alxton smiled at his little friend, but flinched and let out a hiss as a stab went up his muzzle.

"You're bleeding," Frost pointed out, nodding his head towards Alxton's face.

He put a paw to his lip, where blood pooled onto his orange fur.

Frost tapped his shoulder again, gesturing towards the small lake by the paths.

Pressing against the wound, Alxton walked over to the bank and leaned over the cool, clear water.

Blood dripped into the blue from a hole in his gum where one of his long canines was missing. The other long canine on his left side, a remnant of his time as a vampire, still stuck out of his mouth.

I look stupid, He thought, annoyed, as he scooped the cold water onto his muzzle.

The bat, who was above him and watching him clean his face, squeaked and looked across the small lake.

Alxton spat out the remaining water in his mouth, the bleeding about gone, and followed the bat's gaze.

A man with a mullet was picking up rocks and tossing them aside, a grim look on his face.

His shoulders were hunched, his feet crushing the dirt underneath him harshly as he scanned the ground.

Then, to Alxton's surprise, he picked up a flat rock and pulled a long dagger out of his sheath. He sharpened it on the rock, his mouth moving as he muttered.

Another man came out of the woods, and the first man flinched, hiding the dagger behind him.

Henwy pointed a finger at him, and the man pulled his dagger back out reluctantly, snarling something in reply.

Henwy said something, swinging his sword through the air and hitting it on the rocks.

They both jumped back, shocked, as a small fire was ignited.

They both started to talk, and Alxton leaned forward, trying to hear, when a branch snapped behind him.

Alxton turned back sharply to see Frost leaning on a tree, a smirk on his face as he watched the people across the lake. He met Alxton's eyes, winked, and walked away.

When Alxton turned back to the lake, both men were gone.

What the heck is happening here?