Patience Is Stupid

AN: sorry, I'll write the story in a sec- just wanted to state that yes, Frost, Rafessor, and Florian are in a polyamorous relationship :) My sibling actually suggested this, and I liked it so I kept it in here. Hope you enjoy this chapter!

CW // Whoop no content warnings this chapter -except if you don't like the word murder- :3

"Mhmmm, destined for greatness." Zud muttered, stabbing the dirt with his shovel harshly. "Destined for greatness MY BUTT." He shoved his foot on the metal, scooping up the dirt into a wheelbarrow.

"Frost said this would help," Kate grinned sheepishly, pushing up the soil around a red rose she had put in the flowerbed he was making.

"And how, exactly, does PLANTING FLOWERS IN FRONT OF HIS HOUSE MAKE US BETTER AT FINDING MAGIC?!" Zud snarled, dropping the heavy shovel and throwing his arms up into the air dramatically.

"Patience, I guess?" Kate asked, sitting up and wiping her hands on her overalls.

"Patience is stupid." Lookumz declared, tipping his water bucket onto the flowerbed.

Zud nodded, wiping his forehead.

"Woah, woah- wait, what's stupid?" Florian grinned, walking over with his hands in his pockets.

"That your husband is making us plant flowers in front of your house." Lookumz raised an eyebrow. "Shouldn't we be training?"

"What if you ARE training?"

"You sound like a movie." Zud grumbled, stretching his arms farther above his head. Kate nodded in agreement.

"Oh, you guys need to DEEPLY UNDERSTAND!" Florian exclaimed, grinning. "What if it is the movies that sound like ME?"

"Flo, a lot of those movies were made before you were even born-'' Zud started.

"BUP BUP BUP!" Florian shushed him. "That's not important, son!"

"FLORIAN! FROST!"

Florian and Zud turned sharply towards the sound of Rafessor's voice.

"What, Raf?" Florian called.

"PEOPLE!" He panted, stopping in his tracks and putting his hands on his bent knees as the group jogged over. His long hair fell over his glasses. "People at the crater site..." Rafessor wheezed. "A lot of them."

"Oh! They're finally here?! A bit late, I may add, but I'll let it pass- they haven't been properly trained yet!" Frost exclaimed, popping out of thin air next to his husbands.

Teleportation magic. Zud's mind grumbled, a spark of jealousy lighting in his chest. He's SUPPOSED to be teaching us magic- not making us make his house pretty.

"FINALLY here?" Lookumz asked. "Frost, what are you talking about?"

"You'll see!" Frost grinned. "C'mon, people!" Raising his hand, he snapped loudly, sending the entirety of the group onto a hill overlooking the old crater site- where they had first landed and met the three men.

Rafessor was right.

People. A LOT of them.

"And no, we will NOT fight them." Frost chimed brightly, looking at Zud with his bright blue-red eyes. "Definitely not murder any of them, no!" He clapped as Zud's brain reeled in confusion. "Welcome our new town members!"

"New members?!" Kate exclaimed. "More trainees?"

"Oh!" Frost chuckled. "No, no, dear, these are our friends." Looking over the edge at the slowly waking people, he called off their names one by one. "Henwy, Sigils, Ambrew, Jerome, Karan, Gold, Nico, and-... hey, um..." He paused. "We're missing one! Great, now the numbers are weird." His face hardened, and he sighed. "Well, we'll have to go with it. Not like we can kill them off like characters in a book!"

"That's... that's a lot of friends." Zud said as he looked down. "And they look really beat up, too."

"Wow." Florian muttered. "How do we help them?"

"What if they're crazy or something?!" Lookumz exclaimed, stomping a foot.

"Yeah, they could have, like, crazy maniacal powers or something." Rafessor said sternly. "Couldn't we have talked about this first?"

"They could be serial killers!!!" Kate yelled, pointing down at the people. "That one looks like a murderer."

Lookumz gasped, leaning over to stare at where she was pointing. "Which one? WHICH ONE?!"

"GUYS!" Frost said angrily, then closed his eyes and reopened them with a calmer gaze. "Give them a try. Who knows?" He added, cracking a smile. "This could be our path to peace."

"Or we could be warbound." Zud growled harshly.

"HEY! HEY YOU! YOU GUYS ON THE HILL!"

One of the people below, skinny with blonde hair and glasses, was glaring up at them. A man with orangish hair slapped his shoulder sharply, snarling.

"What the heck, Gold- they could kill us, man."

"They were staring at us!"

"We're not murderers!" Frost called, grinning down at the people below.

"And why should we believe that?!" The man, Gold, called as he struggled away from the orange-haired man.

"Because, Gold and Karan, we've been waiting for all of you." Frost replied with a sly smile.

The two men stiffened.

"H... how did you?" Karan stuttered, eyes wide.

Frost rolled his eyes, snapping again as they were transported down to the crater hole.

Zud was getting tired of teleports.

"Welcome home." Frost smirked.