Chapter 4 Recovery 2018

So I'm definitely no artist but I sketched out layout of some of the rooms to help me describe them and I'm going to include them as they come up. Personally I'm very much a visual learner so these where nice to have for reference.

Lyla woke up with her head splitting. Where was she?
    The walls where a stunning polished dark wood, she was laying in a huge four poster bed, next to is the nightstand had been pushed aside to make room for medical equipment.
    The memories started to come back then, the would-be robbers, the gun ( her hand found her side only to feel healing stitches), and Robin.
Her eyes searched her side looking for her wound, only to wonder who clothes she was wearing. She was in a too big grey tee-shirt and baggy shorts.
She pushed herself up right, but her head was spinning.
    Robin must of brought her somewhere, it's not a hospital. Could it he his house?
    There was a large window on the right wall with a chair and table in front of it. In the corner was a huge wardrobe and dresser. The furniture seemed old and expensive. It was like nothing she'd ever seen.
Lyla felt unbelievably out of place.
Never in her life had she stayed somewhere with nice things and she definitely felt like she never would.
The sun was up, she stared out the window, though she couldn't see much other than the tree branches in front of it.
She concluded that she must have been unconscious a while since it was still early in the evening when she was attacked.

Her racing thoughts where interrupting by the door swinging open. In the doorway now stood Robin, his mask covered his face even though he was in normal clothes, a red hoodie and ripped black jeans.
Something about his presence felt so familiar it made Lyla wonder if she once knew the boy under that mask.

" You're finally awake." he said gently, walking over to turn off the record playing that Lyla hadn't noticed yet. " How do you feel?"

" Like I got shot. Lyla answered "Where am I?"

" That's complicated and I'm not supposed to tell you." Robin responded

" That's not a real answer."

" Don't worry about it yet, you're in no shape to go anywhere yet anyway."

" You can't keep me here!" Lyla snapped, starting to panic.

" easy" he said softly, gesturing to the stitches Lyla was now holding " you can leave as soon as you're healed. You lost a lot of blood and your wrist is broken. Just take a free bed while you can get one." Robin said sitting at the foot of the bed. " Is there anyone who would look for you? Anyone I can call?" She only shook her head in response.

Lyla took a deep breath as her mind began to run again.

"How long was I asleep"

" Almost three days"

" Three days?" Lyla repeated in a whisper

Robin caught her eyes then.
His where a bold green, like staring deep into an overgrown forest.
After a few seconds too long he broken the eye contact. There was something else in the gaze, something he wanted to say but couldn't. He stood up heading toward the door again. He gestured to the door on the opposite side of the room.

" Bathrooms through there if you need it. I'll be back to check on you in a little while."

Lyla nodded. " Thank you." She did her best to smile at him. " I'm Lyla by the way."

" It's nice to meet you Lyla." And then he was gone.

What had her life turned into?