Chapter 21 The League of Dead-ends 2022

Months continued to roll into each other. Barbra and Lyla hadn't been able to figure out what Talias message meant.
A hint, a warning, a riddle?
They where as unsure as the day they received it.
The islands she been following had started to come up empty. It seemed the shadows and retreated to the shadows, or someplace they where growing. Lyla couldn't seem to find it.

The anniversary of Jason's death was a few weeks away and Lyla decided she didn't want to face it alone this year. She was headed back to Gotham for two days. Days she'd spend with Barbra and Dick, before she was on the hunt again.

    Something's would never change, like the way the manor felt late at night. Bruce was off saving the world and Alfred had turned in early. Lyla, Dick and Barbra watched a movie but mostly they where avoiding talking about tomorrow.
Lylas presence had made moods heavy because everyone knew why she was there. She wanted to fell guilty for bringing them down but couldn't.
She needed this.
She needed to not be alone this time.

     An alarm interrupted their movie.
Barbra grabbed her tote bag and dug for her phone, Dick paused the move she hadn't been watching. Barbra's face contorted as her phone cast light on in.

        " What is it?" Dick asked.

        " We need to get to the cave now." Barbra said, not answering the question.

        " Babs what's going on?" Lyla asked.

                   " It's infinity island . Someone's moving in."