Chapter 27 Memories 2022

- Lylas pov -
Over the next several weeks Lyla helped Jason dig his memories out. He remembered most of their time together. He remembered little bits of being Robin. His friends came back easily. Memories of Bruce seemed to set him on edge.
But his death and time with the Shadows seemed to be buried deeper.

    Jason was healing unbelievably fast. The stab wounds had almost completely healed in a few days and he had his strength back in a week.
Or rather he had a new found strength.
Lyla had been sipping coffee in the kitchen early one morning when he came in behind her and scooped he straight off her feet and bridal style into his arms. Lyla was petite but Jason seemed to carry her like she was weightless.

    He was eager to leave the cabin, Lyla could have stayed there forever just the two of them. Lyla assured him that as soon as she was sure the Shadows weren't after him they could go see everyone. His faced changed but he agreed. Perhaps reunion wasn't what he had in mind.

    She did her best to fill Jason in on the things that had happened since he was gone, Dick stepping out, Barbra and the new Batgirl, but she made sure not to avoid talking about the Joker or the new Robin.
Something's he'd have to find out on his own.
By the end of their first week, his, death still hid in the back of his mind somewhere, but I few moments from the shadows had begun so surface. He remembered waking up in the pit and fighting Nightwing on infinity island.
Most of the moments came to him as nightmares waking him up, usually screaming, only to find himself still safe in Lylas arms.

- Jason's pov-
    Over the weeks bit and pieces came back to him in his sleep.
Lyla made him start writing them down. One night when he had woken her up, she gave him the journal Dick gave her for Christmas. He started writing down everything he'd seen, but felt to restless to go back to sleep.
Lyla had quickly fallen back asleep beside him. He started flipping through the pages of her journal.
Inside he found his own eyes staring back at him. The pages where filled with him. His face, his eyes, him with his knees pulled to his chest in a Christmas sweater, his hands, his smiling face covered by a domino mask, suit and tie stretched out on a garden bench. She'd drawn every part of him she could pull from memory and written sweet letters and promises around each sketch.

The last page he saw was full of a younger boy. The memories flooded him then. Finding a seven year old Lyla scared, cold and alone on the streets of Gotham, taking her in, teaching her, promising to look after her.
Lyla stirred next to him and mumbled for him to comeback to bed.
He smiled into the darkness and settled back in next to her.

Finally back with the one person who loved him.