Chapter 36 The heir to the Shadows

Summer had set in early on infinity island and the heat was intense. Jason was hiding in the jungle near the square as Lyla watched Ra's from the same elevated perch as before.

" Why have you returned girl?"

" I was invited." Lyla answered.

" By whom?"

" By me." Talia answered, appearing from seemingly nowhere.

Lyla leapt from, the ledge and landed next to Talia.
" I am glad you found my message." Talia told Lyla.

" What have you been up to my daughter? First the Bat and now his children. You're becoming week." Ra's growled out.

" No father, you have lost your way."

Talia raised her hand and Damian joined them, appearing from nowhere the same way his mother had.

" You've come to take my future, girl?" Ra's shouted.

" Get him out of here Lyla." Talia commanded.
Ra's was charging towards them sword in hand.

" But Talia, I...I can help."

" Go." She shouted, blocking a swing of Ra's sword with her own. " And do not return."

Lyla nodded, took Damian by the hand and began running to the place Jason was still hiding. 

" We need to go." She panted when she reached Jason.

" But I didn't even get to make my dramatic entrance." Jason wined.

" This is quite unnecessary." Damian said as he tried to free his hand from hers.

She freed his hand but said,

" Then you better keep up kid."

" I am not slow, sister."

" Neither am I."

The run back to the boat turned into a bit of a race, both of them leaving Jason in the dirt. They reached to boat at the same time and had to wait on Jason to catch up.

A few hours back to shore meant a few hours to find out everything Damian knows.

" So Damian, you're my brother?"

" Half brother."

" Right Talia isn't my mom."

"Correct."

" So who's our dad?"

" You do not know? But you lived with him. Mother thought you knew." Damian said confused.

" What?" Lyla mumbled. Her mind raced. He'd given her the last puzzle piece, but she wasn't sure what the picture meant.

" Bruce?" Jason asked. Damian nodded.

" But I....I....We have to go to the manor. Like now." Lyla announced.