Chapter 28 To die again.

-Jason's pov-

After to many days of wracking his brain, they took a day to rest.
They where on the old couch, his head lying in Lylas lap, her hands in his hair as the tv played across the dark room. She suddenly stopped moving her fingers.

"Jason?"

" Hmm?"

" Why are your roots white?"

"What?"

" Right here." She said, poking a spot just to the left of the center of his hair line.

" It's white."

" I dunno, I didn't do it."

" Do you think it's from the Lazarus pit?"

" Maybe." He smiled up at her.

His whole world changed in an instant.
The cabin faded from around him.
Lyla wasn't holding him anymore.
He couldn't move. A cackling sounded from above him and his body split with pain.
He heard Lyla suddenly screaming his name. No not his name. She was screaming for Robin.
He tried to yell back to her but found he was gaged. Pain rushed through him again as metal met his hips this time.
He couldn't move, couldn't fight, he could barely see.
He realized suddenly that he was going to die. The kind of pain that coursed through his body wasn't the kind a person came back from. He'd die with now way to fight back.
The metal met the side of his head and he couldn't get enough air into his lungs. His vision went black and he heard Lyla call out again.
For Jason this time.
He let go.
He couldn't fight the pain anymore.
It was consuming him.
He let the empty take over, but Lylas shouts only got louder.
He couldn't leave her, not again.
He tried to pull back. He used everything he had to pull his eyelids open.

He was back in the cabin. Lylas hands where on his shoulders and he was sitting up against the couch. He was covered in sweat and felt like he may have been screaming.

" Jason! Are you okay? What happened?"

" The Joker." Jason muttered. " It was him. He....he killed me."