Chapter 6 Master of the Manor 2018

-Jason's pov-
Lyla had decided she wanted to rest. Jason walked her back to her room and sat with her until she fell asleep.

    Now he sat on the kitchen counter talking to Alfred has he began preparing for dinner.

        " She liked the idea. I just wouldn't feel right sending her back out there with out knowing she could take care of herself." Jason told the butler.

        " It's a shame she can't stay here. She seems like pleasant company." Alfred responded.

        " She is Alfred. We knew each other as kids. She's incredibly kind and compassionate..." Jason was cutoff.

        " How long have you been planing on training the girl?" Bruce interjected, appearing         from around the corner.

        "I'm not training her," Jason corrected. " I just want to make sure this doesn't happen             again."

        " The longer she's here the more she's at risk."

        " I know that."

        " Then you need to get her out now."

        "No."

        "No?"

        "I won't let her get hurt again!" Jason was now yelling.

Bruce took a stepped back and a deep breath.

        " And when where you going to tell me about this?"
Bruce pulled a necklace out of his shirt pocket. It was beautiful, a black bat with a red stone in its chest, but Jason had never seen it before.

        " What is that?" Jason asked. Deep down he already knew the answer, she'd asked him about a necklace a few days ago.

        " I found it on the girl, Master Bruce, I didn't tell you because I didn't know if it was the         same one. But I've found no difference, no reason to think it's a copy." Alfred informed  him.

        " What are you talking about?"Jason asked.

        " I had this necklace made many years ago for someone I cared deeply about. She         disappeared nearly 16 years ago and no one's seen her since then."

        " oh, someone who knew about Batman?"

        "Yes," Bruce contemplated for a moment, "give it back to her."

        "Are you sure?"

            "Yes, but know I'll be looking for the connection. She has the answer, I know it."