Chapter 54 Interogation

-    Jason's pov-

" Come on....you don't even know who you're working for, you've got no reason to stay loyal. Tell me what I want know and you'll be free to go." Red Hood pushed against the suspended man again.

This interrogation was exactly like the last three they'd done since the night on the docks. Except this time they where also on babysitting duty.

Batman had put a hold on league missions to help out in Gotham. He and Batgirl where scouting the area they had found this particular piece of human garbage dealing, while him and Phantom but on their show and Robin kept watch from the roof.

"I've already told everything." The man said as he hit back a whimper from the strain on his bruised wrist. Sure they used the suspension method a lot, but it almost always worked.
If it ain't broke....

"Don't lie to me." Red Hood said. His voice was light, almost amused. "You're not telling me something. Go on give it up." He said leaning in close to the man. "Trust me when I say, my partner will be far less patient."

"Fine, fine..." the man nearly yelled when he saw Phantom step away from the wall. "It's....it's just a rumor, something one of the other dealers mentioned. He said the kids who pick up and deliver always go back to the old arcade on 6th."

"No....." Phantom said from her place in the shadows." You're lying." Her voice was more drawn out and smooth than normal, a piece of her façade.

" I'm not." The guy argued but fear caused his voice to shake. "The guy who saw it... names Ricky, he deals downtown, but no one's seen him in more than a week."

Suddenly his head exploded open and covered Red Hood in blood and chunky bits of brain.

"Phantom!" He snapped.

"What the guy he told us about is already dead and he wasn't going to be anymore help." She said tucking the gun back into her belt.

"I know that, but the kid's outside, there's now way he didn't hear that."

As if Jason'd summoned him, Robin burst in through the side door. Despite his mask Jason saw his eyes go wide at the sight of the suspended man who was now missing part of his face.

"What happened?" Robin asked. Red Hood simply turned to face Phantom to see what answer she had.

"What had to." She answered. "Let's go meet up with Batman, we've got a lead."