Chapter 46 The Meeting

This chapter is directed taken from the opening scene to the Under the Red Hood movie. If you haven't seen it go give it a watch it's excellent.

The old warehouse was full of the sound of arguing voices.
Jason had managed to get every important dealer in Gotham into the same room. He still hid in the shadows in front of them while Lyla was directly above the table they surrounded. The cape and hood she'd added to her costume made her appear as nothing more than a shadow in the dark.

" Who are you?" A voice snapped below her.

She turned her head to find The Red Hood appeared from the shadows.

" I'm The Red Hood and I'm here to offer you shitheads a deal." Jason's voice rang out. His terms followed after only to be cut off by overlapping arguments.

" Why the hell would we work for you?" A voice yelled above the others.

Lyla knew that was her queue.
Like clock work she dropped the duffel bag onto the table and started to walk towards Jason.

" Who the Fuck is that?" One of the men shouted. Pointing his gun at Lyla. But Jason was faster. The man's corpse hit the floor and the rest of the group fell silent.

"As far as you're concerned that is a ghost. My ghost. They see everything, hear everything . So don't get any funny ideas alright." Jason snapped.

Lyla stopped behind Jason just to the right. She appeared like a shadow behind him.
Like a Ghost.
A Phantom.
Never speaking. Never moving. But always watching.

It's was an effort to scare them, a faceless figure with unknown capabilities, and it was working.

" Now inside that bag you'll each find the head of your most trusted adviser."

She could hear the smirk under Jason's mask.

"I'm not asking you to join me. I'm telling you."

The tiny charge she had placed in the bottom of the bag went off.
It was hardly enough to call it an explosion, but it was enough to shatter the table and send everyone to the floor.
Like he was never there to begin with Jason joined Lyla in the shadows, never breaking is façade.
Murmurs of agreements filled the room as they made their way out the back door and to the bikes hidden around the building.