Chapter 12 Aftermath January 2019

Jason's funeral was a week later.
They had buried him in the buried next to Martha, or so Alfred told her through the door.
Lyla didn't go to the funeral or anywhere else.
Lyla didn't leave Jason's room for nearly three weeks.
Every day she expected Bruce to barge in and make her leave but it didn't happen.
In fact Bruce wasn't around at all.
She spent all day sleeping, clinging to the sheets that still smelled like him, that reminded her of the night wrapped in his arms, the nights she'd taken advantage of.
Now her nights where spent crying, remembering, regretting.
The only time she found her eyes dry was spent buried in the journal from Dick. She and promised herself that she would remember every detail of Jason, so she drew out every single thing she could remember about him.
This cycle went on for three brutal weeks, only hearing Alfred's voice as he tried to make sure she was still eating, doing his best to care for her when she had no desire to be cared for.

Lyla knew everything that had happened was her fault, if she had gone with him, if she had stayed awake. He was gone and it was her fault. Lyla had planned to leave the manor as soon as her broken mind let go. She felt she no longer had a place there, Lyla was only here for Jason and Phantom only existed to help Robin. She became Phantom for him not for Gotham, Gotham didn't deserve to be saved, it deserved to be burned.
But Jason, some how this devil town hadn't ruined him. He was still worth saving, but she had failed. These thoughts flooded her head, as she loaded a few pieces of her clothes she had decided to take into a backpack from the back of Jason's closet. There was a a knock and she expected Alfred, but this time a different voice came to her door.

" Lyla?" Barbra called to her from outside. Lyla stayed silent.m

" Lyla, we need your help." She didn't want to help, Babs should know that.

" It's Dick," she continued " something happened and it's bad Lyla and he won't talk to us."

Lyla found herself leaning against the door to listen. She knew Dick, whatever this couldn't be good. She breathed deep, anxiety flooding her body, dreading what answers she would find.

Lyla pulled the door open to meet Barbra surprised eyes. She didn't bother to change, she was still wearing Jason's clothes and had tears in her eyes.

" Where is he?" Lyla questioned her voice still full of tears.

" The cave." Barbra answered. And Lyla started to the cave for the first time since she had dragged Jason's lifeless body out of the Batmobile.

Lyla limped into the cave, her knee still not healing properly, to find Dick sitting on the med table, throwing knife in his hands. Everyone else was standing around the room like they'd seen a ghost.

" Dick?" Lyla said barely above a whisper.

Dick met her eyes, his filled, with tears. "Lyla?" He asked nearly pleading. There was blood covering is shut and face and his entire body was shaking.

" What happened?" She asked holding eye contact as she took the knife from his hands. Placing it on the bedside tray without looking at it.

" I tried to kill him." He confessed. Tears now falling down his face.

" Dick," she took his hand gently. He was Jason's brother, her brother, what could have possibly happened? " what do you mean?" She asked joining him on the table.