38-Stuck Like Glue

Warning-Smut at the end. Will mark beginning and end of the smut with a * in case you'd rather skip it.

The following morning they woke and got dressed, the kids rolling up their bedrolls when a knock came from the door. They looked at each other in confusion.

"Señor Morgan? Señora Sinclair?"

It was Miguel's mother. K answered the door.

"Good morning." She greeted them. "Here, before you go you must eat. For your journey as well." She said, offering them a tray full of fruit and four plates loaded up with generous helpings of huevos rancheros, a pitcher of juice, and a pot of coffee. Behind her Miguel's sisters brought in cups and four individual bags filled with food and snacks for the road.

"Wow! Gracias Mrs. Ortiz!" K and Arthur both thanked her. She blushed and shook her head before thanking them both one last time for bringing her boy home to her then she excused herself so that she could go back to her work.

After they finished eating the four of them loaded their things into the wagon and then headed east out of Valentine in the direction of Emerald Ranch.

Later that afternoon after they'd traveled a bit over halfway, Lee noticed something.

"Hey, is that rider headed for us?" He asked Arthur and K. They looked off in the distance to see a single rider on a horse headed straight towards them, a cloud of dust and dirt trailing behind him as his horse's hooves kick up the dry ground beneath them. Arthur pulled out his binoculars and focused in on the approaching rider.

"I think it's...yeah. It is. It's Charles." He said.

"Charles? That can't be good if he's tracked us all the way out here." K stated. Arthur brought the wagon to a halt as they waited for Charles to close the gap between them.

"Hey, good eye, boy." Arthur praised Lee for spotting the incoming rider, earning a small smile from the boy. "Charles, is everything okay? What's wrong?" Arthur questioned as soon as their friend was within earshot.

"Hello children, Arthur...K." He greeted them. "Calm yourselves, everything is fine." He tells them to ease their concerns. "Dutch asked that I come track you down so that I may relay a message he has for you. He wanted to make sure that after returning the two younger children to their families that you returned straight away back to Shady Belle and to be sure you bring Lee with you." He stated, nodding slightly towards the older boy.

Arthur's eyes narrowed. "He had you come all this way just so you could tell us to be sure to come straight back?" He questioned, sounding confused.

"Yes. More specifically to ensure that Lee remained with you and returned as well."

"Why?"

"That I do not know. Any and all information I was provided I have already given you and that is the extent of my knowledge on the subject." Charles simply replied in his typical form.

Arthur and K looked at each other then back to Charles.

"Well shit, alright then. Thank you for that Charles." Arthur slightly snapped back sarcastically. "If you would be so kind as to inform Dutch that we will be sure to complete the task at hand so that we may immediately return, straight away...with Lee."