34-The Interrogation

K woke with her back pressed up against Arthur with his arms wrapped around her waist, his legs tangled with hers. Tacoma was stretched out parallel with them. They lay like three peas in a pod.

"Good mornin'." Arthur's deep, rough voice rumbled in her ear.

"Good morning to you, handsome." She greeted him with a smile.

It had been three nights since they'd dropped the vials into the well at Bronte's mansion. All three nights they had made love in every imaginable position and angle possible then fallen asleep in each other's arms. Tacoma had now been sleeping in the house with them every night. Nobody seemed to mind now that Micah was gone. It had become common for other members of the gang to see him quietly heading up or down the stairs in the evenings and mornings. It surprised some at first but they were already getting used to the scene at this point. It actually made some of them, Abigail and John especially, feel comforted in knowing that he was nearby guarding them, keeping them and most of all Jack safe.

"Hey, I've been meaning to ask you, seein' as how we've been intimate on so many occasions and most times I end up finishin' inside a you, should we be worried at all?" Arthur questions her.

K turns slightly to make eye contact. "And you're just now thinking to ask me that?"

Arthur just looks at her, dumbfounded. She bursts into laughter. "It'd be a little late now, don't ya think?" She ribs him. "But no, we shouldn't have to worry about that. We're good for another three years."

"You sound pretty sure bout that. And specific. Why three years?"

"In my time women have all kinds of different methods of birth control available to them. Ways to prevent pregnancy. The method I'm on lasts for five years and since I had just had it inserted before I came here, I have about three years left. And one of the cool side effects is that I don't bleed at all while I'm on it."

"Really? Huh. Well I guess I'll just take yer word on that, appreciate the benefits and leave it at that." He smiles as he buries his face into her neck.

K giggles and kisses his forehead. "So tonight's the big night. Tonight we hit Bronte."

"Yeah, I'm still not too happy with the idea of you goin' along." He grumbles.

"It was all my idea! Mostly my planning too! I am perfectly capable of..."

"Yeah, yeah, I know. I just don't like it." He interrupts her.

"Speaking of we should probably get up and go talk to Charles and John to get them both up to speed on the details of the plan."

"Okay. How bout you go get Charles while I go grab John and we all meet up out back at that old shack by the dock?" Arthur suggests.

"Sounds good." She agrees before shoving Tacoma off the bed and telling him to head out for the day.

Her and Arthur got dressed then both headed out to locate their assigned crew members. It was just about noon when the four of them had all arrived at the small shack. They gathered on the dock, ready to hear what the details of their impending mission entailed. John especially seeming eager and ready.