14-'Confidential' Bow

Kay had arrived to her destination and unloaded Orion as she set up the area to her liking. "I'm gonna have to make a trip back to Valentine so I can grab my cart with my trunk and the rest of my stuff here soon." She thought. She had decided it best to leave it and return for it later rather than going right after the shootout for fear her actions be misread and cause people to think she was packing up and on the run. Despite that actually being the case, the people of Valentine didn't need to think that. After setting up she decided to take Orion and go double check her surroundings to make sure there was nothing to cause concern or issue.

The abandoned nearby homestead appeared to be uninhabited despite some signs of the occasional squatter that passed through

The abandoned nearby homestead appeared to be uninhabited despite some signs of the occasional squatter that passed through. The area overall seemed quiet beyond the sounds of the animal life surrounding her.

After she had quelled her concerns of any nearby threats she returned to her campsite. She drags a log over to one side of the fire pit to use as a seat and decided to clean and go over her firearms before Charles arrived.

About an hour later Tacoma came running up to Kay where she sat cleaning her Carcano rifle. He looked back towards the direction he'd came then back to her again, giving a brief whine. "Is Charles here boy?" She asked the concerned wolf. He whines slightly again then bolts off into the woods. "Good boy. Thank you." She laughed at how skittish he acted at times. Less than a minute later she hears a whistle from down creek followed by-"coming in. It's Charles." As he announced his presence to her before approaching.

"Hey, come on in." She gives the okay.

Charles approaches on Taima and dismounts before walking the rest of the way into her camp. "I didn't want to spook Tacoma if he was around. I've seen what he can do to people he considers a threat. Figured it best to announce myself."

"Yeah, just before you did he ran up letting me know someone was headed our way. It's a good idea to show that you're not sneaking up. Just to be safe." She encourages. "I'm just finishing up. You ready to head out too?" She asked.

"I am. I planned on bow hunting if that works for you."

"Definitely. I prefer it in fact. I always bring these in case a situation arises that calls for it though." She explained, gesturing to the rifles she was securing to Orions saddle. She returned to her tent and came back out with a quiver loaded with arrows strapped to her back and a strange looking bow.

"What kind of bow is that?"

"Uhhh....Well this is something I put together in an attempt to make a more powerful bow that's easier to draw back. I met some guy in a bar and we got to talking about the whole concept and I decided to give it a go and it turned out quite well. Very powerful and takes less effort to use it. It's a, well, I guess it's a compound bow. The line runs through these little cams reducing the draw weight, making it more stable than a regular recurve bow, which tightens these cables giving it more trajectory power." She explain to Charles in regards to the odd looking weapon.