33-Coming Back Around

Warning- A short bit of smut towards the end. I will mark beginning and end of it with a *.

Over the course of the week following Micah's death the gangs activities slowed to a minimum. All of Dutch's big plans and schemes had been put on hold with not so much as a whisper of the trolly job being brought up. The charismatic leader rarely left his room and his interactions with others were brief. Beyond the occasional stage coach job the flow of incoming profits had slowed to a standstill.

Arthur had done his best to be there for Dutch without making it obvious. He was waiting for the right opportunity to bring up a matter with him as well. Today felt as good a time as any and it couldn't wait any longer.

"Dutch, there's something I need to discuss with you. It's very important and time is a factor." Arthur stated.

"By all means my boy. What's on your mind?" Dutch responded warmly. One thing that Arthur had noticed in Dutch's behavior since Micah's passing was his level of empathy and warmth towards him and everyone else had started to return to the old Dutch that he used to know. Back to being more like the man that had raised him.

"It's about Bronte. Dutch, we have to do something about him. We can't just sit back and allow him to hurt anymore innocent children or even worse, take another chance at snatching up Jack and possibly succeeding." He pleaded his case, holding eye contact with the man and doing his best to convey the urgency of the matter.

Dutch pondered the subject for a moment. He stood up and walked to the balcony overlooking the camp, strumming his ringed fingers on the banister.

"I assume you intend to remove him from the picture?"

"Entirely." Arthur growled.

"Who else shares your opinion on the matter?"

"Hosea, John, Abigail, Charles, Bill, K, Sadie...so far. I haven't discussed it with Lenny, Javier or any of the others yet but I'm sure they'd feel the same. People in general tend to feel a certain kinda way when it comes to matters such as this." He explained.

"Yes, I imagine so. Where in lies my worry. This source that provided this information to K, what if it was the easiest way to fire up anyone who may hear it in hopes that someone will react exactly like you are? Perhaps a personal vendetta against the man that this 'source' wants quashed but isn't man enough to do it themselves?"

"I assure you, that is not what this is. Dutch..." Arthur turned Dutch to look him in the eye again. "...yer always wanting us to trust you and follow you blindly, which we do despite any reservations we may have. I'm asking you, this once, to do the same fer me. To trust me. I promise you it is the right decision and you will not regret it." Arthur assured him.

Dutch sighed deeply. Now wether it was because he truly did trust Arthur or because he didn't have the energy or desire to discuss it any further, Arthur didn't know but either way, he accepted the response.

"Fine. I trust you, son. I'll leave the matter in your capable hands." He relented, patting Arthur on the shoulder.

"Thank you Dutch. You'll see. We'll figure out a plan then let you know what it is."

"No, no. Just, take care of it my boy. I'll be here, you can tell me all about it when you return. Just let me know before you all head out. Whenever you decide to do so." Dutch waved him off.

"Okay. Sure. Thank you Dutch." Arthur turned and headed down the stairs to find K. She was sitting in the gazebo with Hosea. He quickly approached.

"Hey. We're good!" He said.

"About what?" K questioned.

"Taking out Bronte. Dutch agreed. He's not gonna join us but he's trusting me and leaving it in my hands to deal with." He explained with an accomplished tone and expression on his face, holding his arms out at his sides.