A Game Plan

Grey Wind was behind Jessica all the way to Robb's tent. Robb and Theon were seated at a table, deep in conversation. He looked up and motioned for Jessica to take a seat next to him. When she did, Robb took her hand in his. He gave her a smile.

Jessica saw someone being escorted into the tent. The unmistakable blonde. Her good cousin, Alton Lannister.

Robb looked him up and down. "You're Ser Alton Lannister?"

He gave a nod. "I am, Your Grace."

Robb folded his hands on the table. "I offer your cousins peace if they meet my terms. First, your family must release my sisters. Second, my father's bones must be returned to us so he may rest beside his brother and sister in the crypts beneath Winterfell. And the remains of all those who died in his service must also be returned. Their families can honor them with proper funerals."

Alton nodded in agreement. "An honorable request, Your Grace."

Robb bowed his head. "Third... Joffrey and the Queen Regent must renounce all claim to dominion of the North. From this time, till the end of time, we are a free and independent kingdom."

Alton looked to Jessica. "Counsin...please. We both know -"

"King in the North!" Rodrik bellowed. And every other man at the table followed. "KING IN THE NORTH!"

Robb smiled, content. "Neither Joffrey nor any of his men shall set foot in our lands again. If he disregards this command, he shall suffer the same fate as my father, only I don't need a servant to do my beheading for me."

"These...these are...Lady Lannister...." Alton's eyes pleaded to Jessica.

"You will adress the Queen as Your Grace."

Robb fist connected with the table. "These are my terms. If the Queen Regent and her son meet them, I'll give them peace. If not, I will litter the south with Lannister dead."

"Including your twin?" Alton looked to Jessica.

"She won't be a Lannister for long." Robb assured him.

Alton closed his eyes. "King Joffrey is a Baratheon, Your Grace."

Robb cocked his head. "Oh, is he? You'll ride at daybreak, Ser Alton. That will be all for tonight."

Robb dismissed Alton with a wave of his hand.

Jessica looked over at her twin. "Robb..."

Theon approached, suddenly interrupting. "A word Your Grace?" He smiled and bowed his head to Jessica. "Your Grace."

"You don't have to call us 'Your Grace' when no one's around."

Theon chuckled. "Its not so bad once you get used to it."

Robb sighed. "I'm glad someone's used to it."

Theon looked seriously to Jessica. "The Lannisters are going to reject those terms, you know."

"Yes, I know." Jessica sighed as Robb spoke at the same time. "Of course they are."

Theon gave them both a serious look. "We can fight them in the fields as long as you like, but we won't beat them until you both take King's Landing. And we can't take King's Landing without ships. My father has ships and men who know how to sail them."

Robb gave him a stern look. "Men who fought for my Father."

Theon shook his head. "Men who fought King Robert to free themselves from the yoke of the South, just like you're doing now. I'm his only living son. He'll listen to me. I know he will. I'm not a Stark. I know that. But your father raised me to be an honorable man. We can avenge him together."

Robb looked to Jessica. "Its a sound offer."

Jessica sighed, crossing her arms. "Give us time to consider it. We'll let you know in the morning. Alright?"

Theon gave a small smile and nodded. "Of course, Your Grace." He saw himself out.

Jessica took a walk. She wasn't sure trusting Balon Greyjoy was the best course of action. But it wasn't her decision alone to make. She needed to talk this out. She turned and went to find her mother.

Catelyn finally looked up from her needlework and considered her daughter carefully. "You don't want Balon Greyjoy as an ally."

Jessica was pacing, her arms folded, deep in contemplation. "Theon says he has 200 ships."

"People also say a million rats live in the sewers of King's Landing." She stood and crossed to a large trunk. "Shall we rally them to fight for us?"

Jessica sighed watching her mother pack up her belongings.

"So you don't trust Lord Greyjoy?" Robb had now entered the room.

Catelyn sighed and looked to her son. "I don't trust Lord Greyjoy because he is not trustworthy. Your father had to go to war to end his rebellion."

Robb huffed. "Yes. And now your eldest children are the one rebelling against the throne. Before us, it was father. You married one rebel and mothered others."

Jessica crossed over to her twin. "Robb. Enough. This bickering amongst ourselves wont do anyone any good."

Catelyn folded her arms, looking over Jessica's head to Robb. "I mothered more than just rebels, a fact you seem to have forgotten."

"Robb..." Jessica closed her eyes. "If we let Jaime return -"

Robb looked down at her, taking her face in his hands. "If I trade the Kingslayer for two girls, my bannermen will string me up by my feet."

Catelyn threw her arms up in exasperation. "You want to leave Sansa in the Queen's hands? And Arya, we haven't heard a word about Arya. What are we fighting for if not for them?"

Robb sighed and let Jessica go. "It's more complicated than that."

Jessica watched her Mother cross the tent and sit down. "It's time for me to go home. I haven't seen Bran or Rickon in months."

But Robb was already shaking his head. "You can't go to Winterfell."

Jessica gave Robb a confused look.

Catelyn blinked in surprise. "I beg your pardon?"

Robb sighed. "I'll send Rodrik to watch over the boys. Tomorrow you ride south to the Stormlands."

"Why in the name of all the Gods -"

Robb sighed. "Because I need you to negotiate with Renly Baratheon. He's rallied an army of 100,000. You know him. You know his family."

Catelyn was shaking her head. "I haven't seen Renly Baratheon since he was a boy. You have a hundred other lords -"

"Oh no." Jessica sighed, crossing her arms. "If only there was someone who spent the last six  months at court with Renly Baratheon."

Both Catelyn and Robb turned to look at her.

In turn, Jessica gave them and exasperated sigh. "Send me!" She threw her hands in the air.

"Jessie, love." Robb pulled her to his chest. "I need you safe with me. I need you here..." He sighed, pressing his forehead to hers. "I need my twin."

"You need the men." Jessica reasoned. "And I know Renly Baratheon."

Robb rested his chin on the top if her head and looked to their mother. "If Renly sides with us, we'll outnumber them two to one. When they feel the jaws beginning to shut, they'll sue for peace. We'll get the girls back. Then we'll all go home for good."

He reached out to Catelyn and she joined their hug.

Catelyn conceded. "Jessica and I will ride at first light."

Robb gave a nod, kissing each on their forehead. "We will all be together again soon. I promise."

Catelyn smiled and rested her hands on the twins' faces. "You've both done so well, your father would be proud."

Robb gave a small smile. "Please give Lord Renly my regards."

Jessica let out a giggle. "King Renly. We have kings in every corner now."