The Welcom Feast

Four hours into this welcome feast had been just about enough entertainment for Jessica. She was seated on the raised dias with the rest of her family and the Lannister/Baratheon bunch. Jessica was thankful to be seated next to Robb. He kept her calm, especially since she hadn't spotted Jon in the crowd. Jaime had been seated above her. She could feel his eyes watch her every move. How did she know this? She had turned around several times only to be met with those cat like green eyes and that smirk that never left his face. The Kingslayer was just arrogant enough to give her a wave of his fingers.

"Just try to ignore him." Robb urged. "Drink. We'll dance when you're ready. And I'll dance with you the rest of the night if that will calm you." She knew Robb was worried, Jessica had been tense after meeting the Kingslayer that afternoon.

Jessica had never been so glad that her Father had permitted one glass of wine. Unfortunately, Jessica finished that about two hours back. Robb and Jessica kept giving each other glances. Occasionally he'd give her hand a squeeze. Thankfully, Maester Luwin brought news to her Mother that their Uncle Benjen had arrived at Winterfell. She stood up and went to her Mother who was seated by the Queen.

"Mother?" Jessica gained her attention quietly.

"Yes Darling?" Catelyn smiled and took her hand.

"I couldn't help but hear that Uncle Benjen arrived. Can I go down into the crowd and find him?"

Catelyn looked from her to the crowd and back to her. She gave a small sigh and squeezed her hand.

"You have ten minutes. If you cannot find your Uncle by then, return back. I'll have Rodrik stay close."

Jessica beamed. "Thank you Mother." She kissed her cheek and raced into the crowd disappearing.

"Do you trust that Little Wolf of yours to be down there on her own?" Cersei leaned over to Catelyn.

Catelyn smiled and gave a nod. "Lyanna has sound judgment. She always has."

Tyrion blinked. Surely they were not talking about the same girl. The one who was not afraid to stand up to Jaime. The one Tyrion knew his brother kept thinking about. He had seen Jaime unsettled in the library, watched him turn at everyone walking by. The young Stark girl got under his brother's skin. And Tyrion knew he craved another interaction with her.

"I am glad you trust your children like that." Cersei continued. "I know I would be right with worry if it were my own."

Catelyn smile turned thin lipped. Robb turned and looked at his mother, who in turn gave a nod to go find Jessica and stay close.

"No need to send another one of your pups Lady Stark, I'll be more than happy to find Jessica." Jaime Lannister rose to his feet, avoiding the looks from Cersei.

Catelyn blinked in surprise. "You've met her already?"

Tyrion quickly jumped in. "She was gracious enough to point me and my brother in the direction of the library this afternoon. I had asked about her name, and she told me her preference."

Catelyn nodded. "Of course." And with that Jaime deftly slipped into the crowd.

Jessica may have been Robb's twin, but Jessica did not inherite the hight. She was small even though she was now a maiden of fourteen name days. It did not help in the slightest that everyone seemed to look the same, even though she knew that was the furthest thing from the truth.

Jessica had made it to the back wall of the grand hall, and nothing, no sign of Benjen. She was afraid that her efforts would be completely wasted, when she felt two paws on her thigh.