Navi

In the weeks that followed the wedding, it had been quiet, content, peaceful. Jaime hadn't left her side unless he was called on to do so. Her father had seem to be at ease with the situation, focusing on being Robert's Hand. Tywin had began the journey back to Casterly Rock. All was well.

Jessica had even began go attend court with Sansa on a regular basis. She would watch Arya with her dancing lessons with Syrio. She absolutely loved him. And things had began to adjust in her favor. Or so she thought.

Court had be going about its usual business, Jessica was beginning to tune out the monotony of it all. Robert and her Father looked as equally bored. Jaime would continually shift his gaze from Jessica to the throne and back.

Janos Slynt suddenly came bursting through the door. All heads turned. Slynt was dragging someone by their  hair. When she passed by, Jessica could tell she was a Dothraki girl. She couldn't be much older than Jessica herself. Slynt threw her down in front of the steps of the Iron Throne.

"What business is this Slynt?" Robert bellowed.

"Stowaway Your Grace." Slynt looked from her to Robert.

"Dothraki don't cross the Narrow Sea." Ned was looking at her carefully.

"Why did you come to Westeros?" Lord Baelish leaned in further.

The girl in turn started spitting a slur of Dothraki insults toward the lot of them.

"She's probably going to get killed where she's standing." Renly had appeared at Jessica's side.

Jessica bit her lip. A nervous tic she'd recently developed. "You'd...still love me if I did something incredibly stupid." She looked up at Renly.

"I would. I can't speak about your Kingslayer." He gave a glance to Jaime.

Jessica saw Robert give a nod to Jaime who approached the girl on the other side. Lannister and Slynt. That wasn't a good combination on the best of days. And throw Selmy into the mix and it might as well be over.

Jessica looked up at Renly. "Jaime doesn't love me." Her feet was moving before she could rethink her decision.

"Lekhaan! Ki is vo (Enough. That is no way to treat your king)." Jessica's voice echoed as she moved toward the girl. Every eye fell on her.

The Dothraki girl suddenly spun to face her. She looked at Jessica intently, studying her before she stated quite plainly. "Khaleesi."

Jessica stopped and blinked, obviously taken aback. Jessica, composing herself, smiled sweetly and shook her head no. She settled herself between Jaime and the girl. Jessica motioned to Cersei. "Khaleesi." Then in turn, motioned to Robert. "Khal."

The girl looked at her and made a face of what Jessica could only describe as disgust, then shook her head. "Yeri are better than loy Khal che Khaleesi gew. Yeri braver. Spoke kash vo mahrazh would (You are braver than any King or Queen here. Spoke when no man would)."

"Lady Lannister." Petyr Baelish spoke rather quietly.

"Lord Baelish." Jessica's courtly smile had returned.

"Not that this isn't entertaining. But would you care to enlighten the rest of us on this ravishing conversation." Petyr had gestured to everyone on the dias.

"Lord Baelish." Jessica took a breath. "As much as I would, I'm quite fond of keeping my head attached to my neck."

There was muttered laughter throughout the court. Through her peripheral, she saw the Dothraki girl's mouth twitch every so slightly into a smirk.